• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

stock liners? or something else?

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Intuition liners I got were the Power Wrap style. Definitely increased the stiffness, but in my case that was a good thing because those boots were relatively soft. I found it a lot easier to get in and out without a second tongue to mess with.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
the seam on stock liner presses against the top of my foot, reducing circulation...can i cut it out???

Before you do radical surgery try putting a slit in the piece of elastic that goes over the instep - to relieve the pressure. I did a bit of work with scissors on the instep too. There were some hard plastic bits that I cut out. They're much more comfy now. :smile:

RuthB

Angel Diva
Before you do radical surgery try putting a slit in the piece of elastic that goes over the instep - to relieve the pressure. I did a bit of work with scissors on the instep too. There were some hard plastic bits that I cut out. They're much more comfy now. :smile:

I have lange rx100's from a couple of seasons ago and have no issues with the stock liners now. The boot tech did cut the elastic as skisailor described and it made a huge difference. According to the boot guys it was a really common fix.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, yes, cutting a slit might do the trick...it seems to be more of a problem on one foot. But the old liners have what,,, 30 days in them... Gosh I need to ski more. Lol

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh funny haha thing.. Bought the new boots, pulled out liner, and little foot bed only to find an extra screw left behind. Whew. Glad I looked. Lol

Jilly

Staff member
Interesting how our pro's don't seem to use the after market liners....and we're in our boots more than most!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting how our pro's don't seem to use the after market liners....and we're in our boots more than most!

Cause and effect are hard to determine. People with hard to fit feet probably don't gravitate toward jobs where they have to be in their boots all day and can't take a break "just" because their feet hurt. I've thought about trying to do ski patrol or instruction, and this is a major blocker for me.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have yet to find a stock liner that is anything like my Zipfits. The Salomon XMax 90 liner feels the best of any stock liner I've ever had, but still doesn't hug like the Zipfits. I'm not sure I can describe how low volume my feet are, though. Not just width, but heel, and ankle, and instep, everything about them is low volume. As I was being fitted last week, my fitter kept commenting, "man, you have some seriously low volume feet." I think he said it at least 4 times. Add to that the fact that I have small feet for my size and I sometimes feel like a freak of nature.

The instructors here are a very small sampling of the overall female skiing population, to be fair.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have an unused set of ZipFits. LOVE the heel hold in them, but I can't get enough room over the instep with them in my Lange shells (any of the Lange shells I've tried so far - they are just too low volume there for me). That said, I've had zero issues with the stock liners in my Langes until I've had at least 50-100 days on them.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A family member got horrible bone spurs after being in intuition liners daily. Some of the models are too hard we found out the "hard" way for everyday.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks guys. so i just discovered my old hotronics are useless in only one boot ...so switching out liners won't be a viable option

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks guys. so i just discovered my old hotronics are useless in only one boot ...so switching out liners won't be a viable option

I don't understand what you're saying. What does one have to do with the other?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member

Whoa. I am going to try this.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
bounceswoosh. If you read my previous post, you will see that I choose to use my old liners since no one in my area sells alternative liners. But now that I will have to do something different due to hotrontics failure all will be decided once I get to JH to address liner issues. Buying things online is challenging

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@floridakeysskibum - I guess I'm with Bounceswoosh. I don't get why a Hotronics failure has anything to do with the liners? Hotronics heaters are either part of your foot bed or attached to your foot bed and both are removable from the liners. You can still use the old liners whether the heater works or not - just pull them out or get a replacement battery or heater wire (whichever is shot). Unless I'm missing something here?

I've now had my heaters in different pairs of liners - Lange Banshee stock, Zipfit, and Lange XT stock.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ok, let me start again...i bought new boots, and the new liners are uncomfortable...so i posted this thread to ask about other options...later i took the old liners with hotronics installed out of old boots, put into new shells, and said...ok this will work(and posted that response on this site)...upon further inspection (charging of batteries for hotronics) i discovered damage to the wire ...so the switching of the liners will work, but i would now have to replace old hotronics(8 years old)...or go with alternative liners...which are not available to try on in the state of florida where i reside. I will have to decide what to do once i arrive at JH in January. From my understanding, the cost of hotronics is close to the cost of alternative liners... and i am back to square one...pay to replace hotronics or try different liners...

I understand the difference... hopefully i have cleared up any confusion.

thanks

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hotronics are definitely not cheap. I wonder if an electrician (or something) could replace the wire for you ... I guess probably that would be just as expensive ...

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You should be able to get a new footbed or wire with heat pad attached for cheap HERE.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I last tried a boot heater umpteen years ago, I couldn't get the gaiters of my pants over the cuff of boot + batteries. It doesn't look like the batteries are much smaller - do any of you ladies with larger calves have opinions on how that might work?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga