• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Signs that ski season is coming....

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're right to be wary of early snow. We had some big snowfalls in May, but they were followed by rain, and the rest of the season has been marginal at best, certainly in Canterbury. We're now just into Spring, and with day after day of relentless sun and no precipitation, ski areas have already started closing. Won't be long before our local shuts. Depressing. Hope the Northern Hemisphere (specifically the Wasatch, Utah :smile: ) fares better this coming season.

shot

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
i know to be wary of early snow but...i can't help myself :snow:

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowed all day at work today, lost power briefly in the morning...looking forward to the sunshine because I'm supposed to be HIKING in the Bugaboos this weekend, not skiing!!

Marta_P

Certified Ski Diva
Our church here in Vermont (Our Lady of the Snows) sold tickets this morning for the annual raffle from which I've previously won lift tickets to the local mountain; Once again I bought my share. But my dad's 97 year old buddy bought 120 tickets and says if he wins lift tickets they're mine! :dance:

snowski/swimmouse - are you in Woodstock? If yes, is your local mountain Suicide Six? It's such a beautiful town and how great to have SS right there - good luck with the raffle!!!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Although our climate here is VERY tropical (which is weird BTW because we are usually desert dry in Sept), we plan to head to the cabin in the next couple of weeks, bring the boat down and make sure everything is ready for ski season. I look forward to raking leaves!
It may actually be a lot cooler then! We are near 100 for the next WEEK. Can't wait to get to Flagstaff next weekend to see Tim, daily high there is 73 and nights into the 40s.

Mrs Hutchins

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All of these pictures of snow make me so jealous! Our pool is still open.... and we were in it last weekend.

But, it's supposed to be lows in the 40s all week so we'll see how quickly the New England weather can change! :noidea:

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
18 degrees this morning on the way to work at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort! TGR premiere this weekend (I hope that it warms up as it is at night outside for the first time). Already trying to figure out how to fit instructor training, a boot fitting trip to CO, a PSIA clinic in MT and work into December! Oh yeah, and researching this year's ski fitness class options. Fired up!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Ski season must be coming because this morning I put on shoes and socks (not sandals), jeans, a fleece and a micro-fill jacket to walk the dog. Two days ago, we were hiking in summer weather and today it's fall! Yay!

Oh yeah, and I brought the house plants in from outside. I always hate to do that as they do so well outdoors all summer, but I'm afraid it's time.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Farmer's Almanac winter forecast is out, and my coworkers are already grumbling and blaming me. (Silly people...if only I could control the weather.) I disagree with it. I believe El Nino will have a heavier influence. I'd prefer the FA forecast, because in my area, that means an awesome ski season.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski season must be coming because this morning I put on shoes and socks (not sandals), jeans, a fleece and a micro-fill jacket to walk the dog.
I wore long pants one day last week!

It's warm again, but we've had enough days in the past few weeks when the temps haven't broken 80 that my irrational fears that summer will last forever have faded.

Mrs Hutchins

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was 38 when I left the house this morning.

My husband just landed in Phoenix for a business trip: 108. Ugh.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only 3 more days until I can get out of what literally feels like hell (104 here today) and get to 2 places, Flagstaff and Berkeley, where daytime highs won't break 75 and nighttime lows are in 40s/50s. I've had what almost amounts to an allergic reaction to this heat - it's been like this for almost 10 days now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna