• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Signs that ski season is coming....

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's in the 50s today. Winter is coming! DH noticed that it snowed on Breck over 12k feet - so not in the town, but on the upper mountain.

Skivt2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Slept in our condo in Vermont for the first time since mid June. Starting to restock supplies here. Going to ride the gondola this weekend and hike around the summit. Trailering our boat home from mom's house on cape cod sometime in the next two weeks. We should be skiing in 5-6 weeks!!!

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I decided to take advantage of yet another 90ºF day to take the summer wax off the skis. (CH6 is hard to scrape in winter.) They are ready to go, now, at least three months early! :snow:

mustski

Angel Diva
Although our climate here is VERY tropical (which is weird BTW because we are usually desert dry in Sept), we plan to head to the cabin in the next couple of weeks, bring the boat down and make sure everything is ready for ski season. I look forward to raking leaves!

Jilly

Staff member
10646708_10152653457414350_7747246958214688952_n.jpg

From a friend's FB page....yes it's Banff!!

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I'm sort of loving this snow but...it still feels WAY too early. We're expecting another 10-15 cms tonight in Calgary. :eek:

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am generally wary of early snow. Locals here in the mountains say that early winter means short winter - which corresponds with my personal experience. Last season all terrain was open and skiable by the official opening day, including off-piste access and everything, but it was pretty much over by the end of March, we skied until end of April but mostly to get to restaurants where we would spend all our "ski" days. It was also the same in 2010-2011 which is known as the worst season in 50 years. Big November storms that started drying out till Christmas, then nothing for 7 weeks and when it finally started snowing again temperatures also started pushing up so the snow was pretty much pointless... On the other hand, every season when we arrived to mostly green and brown slopes with only one piste open ended up being cold, snowy and long... I also understand that early and sudden onset of winter is not very good for the snowpack and ideally for a more stable pack it should get sufficiently cold (to have lower ground temperatures) before it starts snowing...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just love that first weekend when DH and I go to Breck during the shoulder session, there's a bite in the air, and then we look out to see tiny snowflakes falling. Magical. We haven't been up in the mountains for two months because of the home improvement madness, but I'm looking forward to it soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna