• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Signs that ski season is coming....

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Well, nothing as dramatic as at Grand Targhee, but some red leaves are appearing. And I got my Ski Canada magazine. And a group I ski with has announced this season's trip (to Austria, but I haven't decided yet).

Jilly

Staff member
You are closer to the printer....I expect Tuesday's mail....No Rossi's? Well have to look at the American stuff...I need to talk to the rep anyways..

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Woo hoo - Ski Canada is here and...the first light dusting at Lake Louise :clap:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The aspens are just barely thinking about turning. I'm heading back up in a week and a half to do some hiking when family is in from out of town so we'll see if they've turned a bit more and maybe I can get a picture.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got the Ski magazine with the ski reviews and the light is more fall-like now.

Jilly

Staff member
Ski Canada arrived today and I was into the local shop and he is changing over. Needs the space and as the product is coming in.

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Spring has arrived down here and 2015 skis are on sale, -which is always a sign that the northern hemisphere divas will start getting excited. :smile:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well not here..... water so warm surfed in my bikini today....... which is not the norm! Lol
I'm staying positive that all the unseasonally warm water is the harbinger of a wet El Nino.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well not here..... water so warm surfed in my bikini today....... which is not the norm! Lol
I'm staying positive that all the unseasonally warm water is the harbinger of a wet El Nino.

Our weather in Oregon is unseasonably warm, too: the daytime in the valley is still in the 80's (ºF), and will be in the 90s again this weekend. But, my favorite ski shop is opening soon! The nighttime temperature at the summit is in the 30s! I have space on the roof rack! The office building's shadow reaches my car when it's time to go home! People are complaining about the rain!

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Summer totally missed us this year - the worst and coldest in over 100 years (since records began apparently). The first summer that I spent most weekends away in South of France. Went to the mountains too couple times but it was too miserable to be enjoyable. Counting down days now till the season starts: season passes go on sale next weekend, skis start appearing in sports stores and winter collections in regular shops. Winter is definitely on its way...

mustski

Angel Diva
Yup. My hubby is still needing serious sunscreen on the bald spot when he surfs and it is definitely swimsuit season. The pool is not cooling much overnight so we are still in summer temps. I'm feel in' an El Nino also. The last swell was huge and the sand level is WAY up. The beach stairs we use -usually 10 or so - are all covered with sand except for the top 2!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
HA! thats were all that built up sand went!! b/c of lack of swell and rain water over the past few years we have sooo much sand covering the surf breaks -- lost about 5 feet last week which uncovered all the beautiful rocks that I so fondly remember and made the breaks look more like they used to…. dreaming of some more surf like we had last week….. how it used to be -- its been a wave drought here for the last 2+ years….
but looking at possible seasonal rentals tomorrow so anticipating the ski season also!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly