• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

On Mountain Eating: What's Good?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At Sunapee, at the cafe at the summit they have great pancakes- several kinds, and all served with local maple syrup.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The old "lodge" built by the CCC at Wachusett is leased to an apple farm. Used to be the base lodge but now it's mid-mountain. The apple dumplings and apple doughnuts are wonderful. Got lucky and had a fresh doughnut one day that was amazing. They make them right in the back. Blazing fires nice on cold days.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
The restaurant at Whitewater, B.C. was - and I'm hoping still is - truly fabulous. I believe they have even issued a cookbook.

I have their cookbook! it's one of my favourites - there are 2 more cookbooks out now, but I haven't looked at them yet.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Also, the tofu curry bowl at Rendezvous on Blackcomb. It's like $15, but literally one of the best damn things I've had on mountain*.

* I should note that my bar is set very low, because, despite the awesome skiing, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise both have just awful on-mountain food.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a bit of a foodie but also am always hungry and ready for an early lunch at 11:45 so maybe my standards get lowered. I also don't think any food is really lower priced; everything seems to cost around $20 for a solid meal + drink and a sweet. I had some good asian food at Mammoth Mccoy (mid station of the gondola) - spicy coconut shrimp, something with chicken and rice. Sun Valley has a great salad bar at the base lodges but its crazy pricey since it goes by weight. In the early 2000's before Jay Peak got a whole new base area their poutine was amazing. I also really enjoyed the food at Bonnie's at Aspen - lots of homemade apple desserts and a unique variety of entrees. I also fell in love with the mid mountain apres ski ice bar at Crested Butte that had these drinks called a Paralyzer; milk, coke, vodka and kahlua.

Agreed @Albertan ski girl Sunshine and LL didn't have anything foodwise I was excited about - either a super crowded lodge with below avearge food or a restaurant style place that had below average food and was so cold you had to keep your coat on.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Agreed @Albertan ski girl Sunshine and LL didn't have anything foodwise I was excited about - either a super crowded lodge with below avearge food or a restaurant style place that had below average food and was so cold you had to keep your coat on.

yup...don't even get me started :smile: Terrible food. And yes, I've always wondered about the cold - especially at Louise, I'm always freezing. Temple Lodge is the worst - which is where I usually eat my lunch (which I bring from home). It is always so frickin' cold in there. But I prefer to stay there rather than go all the way down to the frontside.

Marta_P

Certified Ski Diva
The green goddess salad at Stratton was delicious, also the cheeseburgers at Deer Valley. Yum. My daughter and I often share a caramel apple from Wachusset - they are awesome, but I'm always amazed when neither of us loses a tooth : ).

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I buy lunch, it's usually soup. At Gore Mountain, the best soup I have ever had was Buffalo Chicken Soup. Their chili is good, too. But without a doubt, the Gore cookies are amazing. Huge, soft, chewy cookies are my real weakness.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I had a grilled cheese sandwich at Grizzly's (Stratton) once that knocked my socks off...apple-wood smoked bacon and Vermont Cheddar on crusty bread...with tomato soup, of course!

altagirl

Staff member
The Montage at Deer Valley... $35 buffet that is absolutely worth the money. Salad bar, cheese and charcuterie bar with a selection of mustards and a full honeycomb rack to scrape honey off of, wonderful entrees, pho bar, dessert bar... absolutely one of my favorite places to eat.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree Snowbasin and Sun Valley (same owner) are super deluxe. yes marble floors but they weren't slippery. They had real paper towels, soft tissues, Hot water and lots of stalls and sinks. I also took photos but can't seem to find them. Definitely the fanciest I've ever been in!

mustski

Angel Diva
I also would rate Snowbasin as best bathrooms and best food. Everything I had for lunch was excellent and reasonably priced. The food at Deer Valley is also very good. As far as Mammoth goes, I think McCoy has one of the best salad bars around and it is always very fresh. I'm also a fan of the foot long hot dogs! I get really hungry when I ski so I'm fairly easy to please.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga