• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

On Mountain Eating: What's Good?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We've had threads (like this one) discussing resort food. I know on-mountain food can be expensive, and in many cases, pretty unsatisfactory. But there are some standouts. Sometimes you can find something to eat that's really, really good.

So let's talk about that. What have you had at a mountain (not at an off-mountain restaurant; I'm talking on-mountain lodges only) that you really liked? For example, I love Okemo's white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (though I very rarely get them). And on a trip to Keystone last year, I really enjoyed the white chicken chili at The Outpost, the lodge at the top of North Peak. The turkey chili in the Spruce Peak Lodge at Stowe is really good, too.

What about you?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a huge fan of most of the breakfast offerings at A-Basin. If I am skiing there I make a point to get a breakfast sandwich beforehand.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Used to be really good Swedish meatballs at Solitude. Not sure they still have it after Deer Valley bought Solitude a few years ago.

Lunch at Alta Lodge or the Rustler when skiing Alta is quite good. Not more expensive than eating the usual cafeteria fare at the on-mountain eating places. Favorites at Alta Lodge include any soup & 1/2 sandwich or the ramen when it's the Special of the Day (once a week).

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Used to be really good Swedish meatballs at Solitude. Not sure they still have it after Deer Valley bought Solitude a few years ago.

Lunch at Alta Lodge or the Rustler when skiing Alta is quite good. Not more expensive than eating the usual cafeteria fare at the on-mountain eating places. Favorites at Alta Lodge include any soup & 1/2 sandwich or the ramen when it's the Special of the Day (once a week).
Alta Lodge sounds good....

Jilly

Staff member
Well lunch at the Windigo Cafe at Tremblant is worth the trip. Slope level of the Fairmont Tremblant. Great soups, sandwiches and salads. You come in off the Nansen by the pool....So much more civilized compared to the any of the Intrawest spots.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alta Lodge sounds good....
Lunch at Alta Lodge or the Rustler is open to anyone, not just guests. Rustler had a better view, a chairlift, and a better beer selection. Easier to get a quick meal at Alta Lodge. Leave skis right outside the dining room, no stairs . . . except to get to a restroom.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everything I've had at Wildflour Baking Co. at Squaw has been very good. The Local Food Hub salad at Alpine Meadows. Buffalo Chicken salad at Northstar's mid mountain lodge.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Chicken corn soup with cornbread at zephyr lodge at northstar is good!! Even If it is $11.00

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love the tomato basil soup and Snowbasin. Also, the often have a sweet onion soup that is pretty awesome, but its not offered everyday, and only at the Needles lodge, not the base lodge.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hate to stop skiing to eat lunch unless it's crazy cold or icy, so I just bring a Clif Bar. But my local hill has night skiing and a really nice mountain-top lodge and restaurant, so I'll do some marathon days-into-night broken up by a nice meal, and maybe a beer on the patio.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna