• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Notes from today

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
From yesterday:

1) A week of warmer temperatures means that when it gets winter-cold again -- the kind of cold that would mean nothing if it were January -- you totally freeze because you're no longer acclimated.

2) The quality and quantity of the light in April is totally different than the light in January. Yesterday was a bluebird day so it was quite noticeable. The light is more direct and well, it just seems like there's more of it than on a typical winter day. Which there is. Still, interesting to note.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The quality and quantity of the light in April is totally different than the light in January. Yesterday was a bluebird day so it was quite noticeable. The light is more direct and well, it just seems like there's more of it than on a typical winter day. Which there is. Still, interesting to note.
Agree! In fact, it’s something of a ritual at Sugarloaf to annually cheer the sun cresting the mountain for the first time in the season, usually by the 3rd week of February, when headwalls are FINALLY out of the shade/twilight of mid-winter, and we can actually SEE. Sadly, by April, good old Mr. Sun is strong enough to start burning up plateaus - then here come the water bars and underground springs.... Fortunately, we’re still not quite even back up to +30F here for daytime highs since the cool-down. Yep, feels MUCH colder than it did a few months ago!

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Frenchgirl I got the alignment done and have been skiing for a week. Only problem now is with the really warm temps my boots feel like 2 sizes too big.

Glad you got that done! In warm temps my boot feel like a 80 flex. Way to fleexy! My feet sweat so much in warm temps. I hope it does not damage my Kork liners

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I kinda want to ski this weekend, but I just got my new bike frame and a friend is putting it together with me (my role in this is to provide beer and an extra set of hands and ask ignorant questions that he patiently answers). So maybe I'll give into the temptation to stay near home, sleep in, and play on my bike.

cheerrabbit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The other day I saw this cute kid leisurely skiing singing away to himself- so content and happy with the day.
This made me smile and think of my son this weekend, going down a blue singing "I want candy!" (way too many Easter egg hunts)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This made me smile and think of my son this weekend, going down a blue singing "I want candy!" (way too many Easter egg hunts)

Wait .. was he singing *that* "I want candy"? Bow wow wow?

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hee hee, yes, but he's 5. So he was only singing that line over and over. :smile:

Song from the 60s, covered many times (most notably by Bow Wow Wow), but teen singer Aaron Carter covered it a few years ago (ok, more than a few), so maybe that's where he heard it...

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK. Notes from a day last week that I'm just getting around to posting......

Snowshoeing = the only activity I can think of where 2" really is enough to keep a girl satisfied. :wink::rotf:

Yeah, pretty weird that I was still snowshoeing in mid April, a week after skiing ended. It was a pretty good year here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna