• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Notes from today

Christy

Angel Diva
Well. My most successful day ever? I skied the kind of loooong bump runs I have never even considered skiing; the kind I look at from the lift and wonder if I'll ever ski. I finally skied the bowls off of Harmony (at Whistler). It was kind of crazy. I don't even know how suddenly I can ski this stuff. I guess it's probably not suddenly; we worked on black bumps in Roxy but I felt like a monkey. Today I never lost balance. Amazing. I will admit that on the very biggest bumps, there was some sideslipping. And I did have to stop and breath for 30 seconds after dropping in to Harmony, because I am not used to "dropping in." But it was fine.

And the funniest part, the mellow groomers back down to the base became kind of hard to ski. They hurt my quads. But the steeps didn't. I'm sure there is a technique issue I should be looking in to.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the first time today, I skied the trees between Devil's Crotch and Mineshaft, affectionately known as Mine Crotch. Before our instructor / fearless leader took his first turn, he paused to comment, "This is Mine Crotch. Or I guess it could be the Devil's Shaft." With a twinkle in his eye, he sped off.

bwahahahahahah.

Jilly

Staff member
Christy - Roxy does so much for confidence building as well as technique. Good for you!!

kiki

Angel Diva
HavIng a great day at WB, went to local mountain Cypress yesterday and skid in slush and now I know why we drive 2+ hrs and pay $83. Fabulos snow here and not too crowded. Did rentals yesterday and today and tried 5 prs of skis and found some that make me smile, yay!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love reading this thread! This time next week I will be back at my beloved Val d'Isere - and THIS time I'm going to ski La Face, and ski it WELL.

Cannot wait. I'm being really naughty and getting four weeks in this season, which I can't really afford but sod it, I'm 40 next month. My treat to myself.

Lilywhite

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go for it LY, I didn't get to the Face in Feb, partly due my own out of condition body and partly because of the visibility but I guess that gives me a great excuse for a return to the espace killy at some point in the future right?

Jilly

Staff member
From today.....don't follow ski buddy when he says - "lets find that trail that I see from the chair!". No did find, but got into major bumps on Le Tunnel. So Mr. ski buddy, you are going to pay for that by now finishing this run with the Rod Roy Tour!! Got him good SkiBam in Windigo!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go for it Liquid Yellow, you're only 40 once!! :becky:
Christy, bounceswoosh and kiki, sounds like you're having a great time this season! :clap:

I haven't made it onto snow yet this season, not even once. :cry:

Any chance to get some skiing in before it all melts?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From today.....don't follow ski buddy when he says - "lets find that trail that I see from the chair!". No did find, but got into major bumps on Le Tunnel. So Mr. ski buddy, you are going to pay for that by now finishing this run with the Rod Roy Tour!! Got him good SkiBam in Windigo!

One woman's meat is another woman's poison - your ski buddy sounds like me. I also seek out trails that have signs at the top warning of thin coverage and exposure - I figure no one is skiing them, so they'll have nice fresh snow.

Jilly

Staff member
It just surprised me first how big the bumps were in there and how GOOD they were! Then I got pissed about having to do them with a touchy ankle. So I made him pay. We also did Cossack next after meeting up with Stephc18 at the top of Expo.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It just surprised me first how big the bumps were in there and how GOOD they were! Then I got pissed about having to do them with a touchy ankle. So I made him pay. We also did Cossack next after meeting up with Stephc18 at the top of Expo.

Oh. Unstable ankle is a totally different story!

Jilly

Staff member
No pain. When I tip in the right ankle to edge the ski, the bone is hitting the nut on the ankle screw on the boot. So that needs to be fixed.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oof. Yeah. Bumps, they do not sound good in that situation.

mahgnillig

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Notes from Friday...

I had my first ever snowmobile ride! Unfortunately it was because hubby blew out his knee and was being towed down the hill on a sled behind the snowmobile :( Ortho appointment this afternoon, but I'm preparing him for bad news... really sucks because he was progressing fast and had just started skiing black runs (at Kirkwood, no less!) in his first full season on skis.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh, Jen, sorry to hear about your DH's accident. I really hope it's not serious. That'll put a damper on his season for sure.

I had an awesome day in the spring temperatures yesterday at Saint-Sauveur. Sure, we were skiing mini-machine-death cookies in the morning and slushy cement by the afternoon, but who cares? It was a beautiful day, with great company, and I've decided that my Opals now earn the tag "crud-busters" on top of everything else that they do well.

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any chance to get some skiing in before it all melts?

Hopefully! I'm working on a possible plan for Easter! I can't imagine not heading abroad this season. Have only missed two seasons on snow in twenty plus years!

mahgnillig, so sorry to read your awful news.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna