• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Notes from today

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go for it LY, I didn't get to the Face in Feb, partly due my own out of condition body and partly because of the visibility but I guess that gives me a great excuse for a return to the espace killy at some point in the future right?

But you did brilliantly, all things considered! And of course, you must return to the EK, there's far too much skiing to do it all in a week :becky:

Hopefully! I'm working on a possible plan for Easter! I can't imagine not heading abroad this season. Have only missed two seasons on snow in twenty plus years!

Oooh good luck, there should hopefully be some good deals around.

I'm not sure if you're on Snowheads, but the End of Season bash to Val Thorens is only £375 including lift pass, you just need to pay for flights, and return transfer (£70 approx). It's also self-catering and sharing apartments. 20th-27th April.

mahgnillig, so sorry to read your awful news.

Me too! Hope he gets well soon x

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
For Today:

Rain,Rain go away!
You've ruined my opportunity to play.
Although colder temps may be nice,
I'm afraid they'll turn the hill to ice.
But come this weekend, ski I'll go,
cuz Saturday there's a chance for snow!

:clap:
And....ditto here. :frown:
Although our snow chance is before and after weekend. Fingers crossed...

Jilly

Staff member
Jilly said:
No pain. When I tip in the right ankle to edge the ski, the bone is hitting the nut on the ankle screw on the boot. So that needs to be fixed.​
I have the same problem on my left foot. How do you fix that?

Boot fitter I'm hoping. I wanted to try just a pad over the nut, but he thinking about something else. I need to have an alignment done, but I think that's going to take a lot of time that I don't want to spend in his garage right now. We only have a month left.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ack. Sounds like your foot is "seated too high" and thus the contact? Ouch. Hope you both resolve! High instep?

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Get Thee To The Snow Scottishgirlie!!!!
Totally agree on that one...

There should be decent skiing in the Alps through the end of April, and I'm totally willing to go with you for a mid week...Of course must start to be very choosy about where to go, after Easter, places start to shut down, but plenty of options with more than enough snow...there will still be snow even after the skiers are gone!

So, if companionship is your excuse, it's not anymore!

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hee hee! This place should be re-named www.skidivaenablers.com!!!! :thumbsup:

Watch this space fellow addicts...!! :becky:

I'm with you on ankle pain Jilly. I started to get a niggly left ankle a couple of weeks ago. Now it is really, really sore. Hadn't been in my boots for a few days and put them on last night to play on the plastic...ouch! I had new Conform'able insoles made six weeks ago and the left felt a little high on the arch. I suspect it's been pushing my ankle into the inner and now the foam has compressed a bit. There wasn't much foam there to begin with (Conform'able inners)! Off to my bootfitter tomorrow morning so that I can be pain free hopefully at work in the evening.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Notes from Sunday:
1. Rain is good.
2. Skiing alone is good.
3. Singing at the top of your lungs cuz you're the only one out there is AWESOME!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I just made the decision to NOT go tomorrow. I don't mind warm temps and mushy snow. But, warm temps and pea soup fog? Ew.

gg

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The other day I saw this cute kid leisurely skiing singing away to himself- so content and happy with the day.

Christy

Angel Diva
Goldilocks actually went spring skiing today (to Crystal) and I'm glad I did. It was fun overall. The snow was decent enough for about 2 hours in the morning, then the bumps were fun for a little while after lunch, but it was unseasonably warm and the snow got VERY grippy. We waxed with spring wax last night but I felt like I needed it again by 11 am. It got downright slushy at the base. But everyone was happy and having fun and it's a rare treat to have a warm, sunny day when you can sit outside for lunch here.

168503_10200843183948081_1247232801_n.jpg

528169_10200843215588872_28620946_n.jpg

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boot fitter I'm hoping. I wanted to try just a pad over the nut, but he thinking about something else. I need to have an alignment done, but I think that's going to take a lot of time that I don't want to spend in his garage right now. We only have a month left.

I actually put some duct tape on both side to make to even to cover the nuts and it helped. My alignment took no more than one hour to do.

Jilly

Staff member
Frenchgirl I got the alignment done and have been skiing for a week. Only problem now is with the really warm temps my boots feel like 2 sizes too big.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
And, just like that, over the course of a 3-day ski weekend, my liners are DONE. Pfffttt. Actually paid attention to the (still somewhat rapid) process this time. From tolerable-sort-of on Friday to get-them-out by Sunday aft. Well, good thing I'm "stockpiled," but really want to get through the entire season (#2, and last season was SHORT). No Can Do.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A bit melancholy here....finally got my ski legs and can finally go for 4-5 hours making laps non-stop only to have the season end this coming weekend. Sigh. :frown:

Loving the current conditions right now, too. Yup, I'm a weirdo that adores mashed potatoes and slush - the deeper the better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna