• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looks like Park City could be operating this winter, after all....

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like we can get our Park City passes transferred into Epic Local passes covering both mountains -- hopefully won't need to pay extra, given the comparative cost of a PCMR pass vs the Epic Local (which is about $250 cheaper). I highly doubt Park City will be on the Wasatch benefit now though :(, since I assume the whole point of it was to compete with Vail/Canyons.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
PLUS --

Vail intends to connect PCMR and Canyons for the 2015-2016 ski season to create the largest single ski resort in the United States with 7,000 skiable acres, subject to regulatory approvals.

Whoa.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They must mean 7000 lift-served acres - PowMow is at 7000 with cat-served & hiking areas. Regardless, that's a lot of acres!

I'm thinking with the OneWasatch efforts, something like this was probably inevitable anyway. I'm just glad that the deal included letting the PCMR folks keep their jobs.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I'm still trying to figure out about my Epic Local Pass.

I've seen some articles saying that Park City is included in the Local Pass, but a quick visit to the web site did not reflect this.

Although Canyons is included, it would be a real draw to a SLC trip if Park City were included as well.

I guess I'll stay tuned ....

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm still trying to figure out about my Epic Local Pass.

I've seen some articles saying that Park City is included in the Local Pass, but a quick visit to the web site did not reflect this.

Although Canyons is included, it would be a real draw to a SLC trip if Park City were included as well.

I guess I'll stay tuned ....

According to the email Vail sent out, it's included:

"From a mountain operations perspective, PCMR and Canyons will remain separate for the 2014-2015 winter season. All PCMR passes for the 2014-2015 season will continue to be honored and can be exchanged or upgraded for a season pass that will also be valid at Canyons – and the majority of all lift tickets sold at either resort will be valid at both PCMR and Canyons. What’s more, the acquisition will allow us to immediately bring PCMR onto the Epic Pass and Epic Local Pass for this season, which will offer skiers from across the country and around the world, access to 22 resorts, including Park City and Canyons in Utah; Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Tahoe; and also five free days of skiing at each of our international partnership resorts, Verbier in Switzerland, Les 3 Vallees in France and Niseko United in Japan."

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
According to the email Vail sent out, it's included:

"From a mountain operations perspective, PCMR and Canyons will remain separate for the 2014-2015 winter season. All PCMR passes for the 2014-2015 season will continue to be honored and can be exchanged or upgraded for a season pass that will also be valid at Canyons – and the majority of all lift tickets sold at either resort will be valid at both PCMR and Canyons. What’s more, the acquisition will allow us to immediately bring PCMR onto the Epic Pass and Epic Local Pass for this season, which will offer skiers from across the country and around the world, access to 22 resorts, including Park City and Canyons in Utah; Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Tahoe; and also five free days of skiing at each of our international partnership resorts, Verbier in Switzerland, Les 3 Vallees in France and Niseko United in Japan."
Yep.. Just got this off Heavenly website
Epic Pass
Full
Adult
question.png
$749 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Child
question.png
$389 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ski as much as you want, whenever you want.
Unlimited access to:
  • Vail
  • Beaver Creek
  • Breckenridge
  • Keystone
  • Park City
  • Canyons
  • Heavenly
  • Northstar
  • Kirkwood
  • Afton Alps
  • Mt. Brighton
  • Arapahoe Basin
5 FREE days at:

• Niseko United, Japan

Up to 5 FREE days at:
  • Verbier, Switzerland
  • Les 3 Vallees, France
Restrictions:
  • 5 consecutive days at Niseko United
  • Up to 5 consecutive days when staying at in-resort lodging at both Verbier, Switzerland and Les 3 Vallees, France
Additional Tickets
  • 6 Ski-With-A-Friend tickets

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm. Maybe I need to visit my aunt in Park City .. although ... yeah if I do that, I'd probably ski Deer Valley with her, and Alta with @altagirl if she's intersted, and that's about it. Hrmph.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Here's the latest information I have seen published: "Access to Park City Mountain Resort on the Epic Local pass will be announced at a later date."

I'm hoping...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Here's the latest information I have seen published: "Access to Park City Mountain Resort on the Epic Local pass will be announced at a later date."

I'm hoping...
I'm only seeing Park City on the Epic Pass, not the Epic Local Pass (on Heavenly's website)...

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are FAQs on Epicpass.com . Scroll down on the "new" Park City webpage. Looks like Epic Local will be good at PCMR for certain days.

https://www.snow.com/epic-pass/resorts/park-city.aspx

What passes get access to Park City Mountain Resort?

There are four passes that will have access to Park City Mountain Resort. For full details visit each season pass’ page on EpicPass.com.

• Epic Pass – Epic Pass holders will now have unlimited, unrestricted access to Park City Mountain Resort
  • Epic 7-Day – Epic 7-Day holders will be able to use their days at Park City Mountain Resort
  • Epic 4-Day – Epic 4-Day holders will be able to use their days at Park City Mountain Resort
  • Epic Local Pass – The Epic Local Pass will have access to Park City Mountain Resort. Exact details about restrictions will be released at a later date.

altagirl

Staff member
Hmm. Maybe I need to visit my aunt in Park City .. although ... yeah if I do that, I'd probably ski Deer Valley with her, and Alta with @altagirl if she's intersted, and that's about it. Hrmph.

:smile: I know what you mean. Last year my pass came with 3 free days at PCMR. And I totally planned to go use them (or at least ONE of them!) and never did... Drove by it a few times to go use my 3 days at Deer Valley though.

Thinking of your comment about big corporations taking over - I'm generally with you. But since I've obviously never found the motivation to go to PCMR, even with free tickets, I have to say I'm not that concerned one way or the other about it. I never went before, and very likely won't go in the future either. I'm glad it's resolved so people aren't out of jobs and that's about it.

If we were talking about a place that I like to ski, I'm sure I would have much stronger opinions.

altagirl

Staff member
I guess I also have to point out that Powdr Corp wasn't a mom and pop organization anyways and was just (from what I can tell) a mini-Vail who owned several resorts, just smaller scale. So I have a hard time feeling too bad about any of it.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess I also have to point out that Powdr Corp wasn't a mom and pop organization anyways and was just (from what I can tell) a mini-Vail who owned several resorts, just smaller scale. So I have a hard time feeling too bad about any of it.
Agreed. Powdr's privately held by a billionaire family with long-time ties to PCMR and Park City, whereas Vail Resorts is a typical corporation, but it's not the big guy/little guy situation I thought it was at first.

Cumming Sr. bought Snowbird in the middle of all this--privately, not through Powdr--so he's still keeping his hand in, but it looks like the company is out of the business in Utah.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Agreed. Powdr's privately held by a billionaire family with long-time ties to PCMR and Park City, whereas Vail Resorts is a typical corporation, but it's not the big guy/little guy situation I thought it was at first.

Cumming Sr. bought Snowbird in the middle of all this--privately, not through Powdr--so he's still keeping his hand in, but it looks like the company is out of the business in Utah.
Curious, what resorts does Powdr Corp own?

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Powdr owns Copper, Killington, Bachelor, Boreal, Las Vegas (who knew?), Gorgoza Park, and Soda Springs. Haven't heard of half of them, but what do I know?

ETA: PCMR was the company's first holding.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Powdr owns Copper, Killington, Bachelor, Boreal, Las Vegas (who knew?), Gorgoza Park, and Soda Springs. Haven't heard of half of them, but what do I know?

ETA: PCMR was the company's first holding.
Soda Springs (1 chair and 2 runs) and Boreal are in North Lake tahoe - both at the summit practically next door to each other. Boreal used to be a good less expensive option - probably still is, but skiers are kind of ancient history there. Wonder where Gorgoza Park is?

altagirl

Staff member
Just googled it. Yep, tubing hill in Park City...
I will say - it's a cool tubing hill. I've never gone, but you can see it from the interstate and it's generally packed. There's a tow rope or something and big lanes to come down. It kind of looks fun.

And in the summer - their water reservoir is basically a dog pond, which is really fun too.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Copper has a much more local feel than any Vail conglomerate resorts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga