• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Pink Chase breast cancer fundraiser at Keystone

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I'm out! :(

Skiing at Mammoth on Sunday I fell and re-tweaked my right knee, the one I've been working so hard all summer to strengthen. It's not anything major. Today was my second day back to the gym and I already see improved ROM. I expect that in a week or two I will be back to normal. :chillpill:

This was a slow fall in very poor conditions, but it made me realize that my knee may not be as completely recovered as I had hoped. If I were to compete in this event, and had a fall at high speed, it could be season ending. And if I were to enter the event, I would have to ski on the edge. I'm afraid that may not be the best idea for me this winter. :faint:

I also have a scheduling conflict on Dec. 12. DH and I are planning to volunteer for the Disabled Sports program at Mammoth, and they are having their first big get-together of instructors, volunteers, and students on Dec. 12. Since this is our first year, we really should be there. :attention:

But I would have blown it off to ski with the Divas. Maybe next year . . . :noidea:

So sorry . . . :bag: Still hope to meet up with some of you on the slopes.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh man, Skibum4ever, that really sux!
Heal well!

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm out too :(. We found out some friends will be in town that weekend and I have to make them my top priority. Sorry.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is coming up this weekend. Any Divas in on it!?

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If anyone would like to donate to this fantastic cause, you can go through this link. This is for the Bunnies for Boobies team, which zoomamyd is a member of, as well as my good friend Sonja and their friend Michelle. Here's hoping that this is a great event and that they repeat it next year, so I can actually do it!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats to zoomamyd and her Bunnies for Boobies teammates! They got 2nd place for most vertical and won the prize for best costumes, which I really hope she comes and posts some pictures of, or I might be forced to link you to my friend Sonja's blog again. They totally rocked full-body pink bunny costumes, complete with tail, pink goggles and helmets, and pink bunny ears!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Congratulations to all who were involved!

So sorry I couldn't be there; we haven't even made it to CO yet this season!

Would really like to see pictures and I'm also wondering how many vertical feet they amassed.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
44,890 vertical feet and they missed most vertical by 200 feet! Not too bad, huh?

Here's the link to Sonja's blog post. I won't directly post pictures here, since they're not mine to post, but they're on the blog and I know Sonja won't mind having it linked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna