• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Pink Chase breast cancer fundraiser at Keystone

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
SuZieC, maybe something we could wear on our helmets would work well to provide visibility to us as Ski Divas for the event. It could also be sold later in the year to anyone who wants to be identified as a Diva. I think it would be great if I am skiing and see someone with a Diva emblem, so I know I should say hello and hopefully make a new friend. :grouphug:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be happy to give SkiDiva stickers to anyone who participates. They're 2" x 3-3/4". There are larger ones at Cafe Press; you can see them here and here. Both of those are 3" x 5".

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stickers...Yeah!

Stickers would be good. I was thinking also of something big enough to put logos on so maybe we could get some ski shop support, etc. But whatever works is good! I am open to whatever! Would be coool to pull in as many $$ as possible - doesn't matter who wins the race if the dollars are right...no? & also some Ski Diva notoriety? Eyes off the feet!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Um, yeah. Can you say stereotypical, type A, uber-competitive triathletes? :laugh:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I mentioned it to a friend of mine and she is now going to form a group of Ski Patrollers. She says they could "probably" win but will be out just to "have some fun" and "raise some money". Why do I have a feeling they will be quite serious about trying to win when Dec. 12 arrives??? :help:

bfuglevand

Diva in Training
I can't guarantee that I can be there that day, so I won't volunteer for a team. However, I'd love to cheer everyone on and help as needed if I can make it.

outdoor divas

Certified Ski Diva
The CHASE is on!!

YAY--glad to see all the chatter about this event! It was way fun last year! Excited for this year. SKI LIKE A GIRL.

outdoor divas

Certified Ski Diva
Hey Erin---this year the CHASE is going to be awesome. Outdoor DIVAS is getting a team and I even have PINK (HEAD sweet ones) skis! (Not k2 unfortunatly.)

See ya soon!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I'm out as I've been told I will be coaching this year and missing week 2 isn't so cool. Good luck to any Divas who do this!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Well, it's time to think about forming teams. SuZieC, are you with me? Who else should be on our team?

I'll be skiing this weekend at Mammoth but will keep in touch with the forums. I think we should register next week and start working on donations. I actually plan to "feel out" some friends on mine at Mammoth this weekend, to see if they would like to donate to such a worthy cause. :fencing:

zoomamyd

Angel Diva
Hey! Better watch it: I'm on Sonja's team!

just kidding! i'm on her team but we're as chill as triathletes come... =)

should be a very fun day!

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK....

I see three categories for teams:

1. Competitive as hell. Only bombers need apply. We got a shot and intend to kick ass.....Make $$'s, too.
2. Going fast is good. Don't need to win, probably won't, but get outta our way.....wanna make some $$'s for the cause.
3. Just want to have fun and ski for a good cause. Will ski for laughs and $$'s.

I'm cat 2.

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, it's time to think about forming teams. SuZieC, are you with me? Who else should be on our team?
:fencing:

I'm in. Give me a few days to get a committment from Kelly. She's an excellent skier and said she wants to play. There's another (a woman who teaches kids to ski race) that I'm working on as well. There's a couple on the forum who've indicated a desire to play. I'd like to see a couple of "Cat 2" teams, if possible.

Anyone wanting to ski the Cat 2 team(s), let us know!

SuZ

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
just kidding! i'm on her team but we're as chill as triathletes come... =)
LOL...uh huh. Chill, for sure. That doesn't take out the uber-competitive part, though! :wink:

Welcome to the forum (from Sonja's friend, Gaye)! :becky:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna