• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Instructor Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anna, do you only do the women's Wednesday classes? Do you ever do a class on Sundays?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:focus: Recommendations are nice, but at the risk of sounding grouchy, let's just limit this thread to instructors listing what they do and where they do it.

Thanks! :smile:

skiwishes

Certified Ski Diva
I am Level II Alpine, and Master Teacher Certified (Specialty is Sports Science). This is my 15th season teaching at Sunday River in Maine. I started in Children's, and do all levels and types (male, female, child). For the past few years I have run a program called Women's Turn Workshops, which are 2-day all-day ski events.

I enjoy making the whole thing easier for people, and am proud to be the one who comes to mind when someone needs tlc. I am also proud that hearing a guest say 'I don't ever need to do a black trail, or bumps' is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. I consider those statements a plea to remove self-inflicted limitations. After all, diamonds are a girl's best friend!

Mehridith

Diva in Training
Midwest turned Tahoe skiing mommy

Hi!

I just found this website yesterday and am *totally* stoked!!! Everytime I ski with my husband I am so aware that there is 1 of me for every 10 men on the mountain, easily.

I have been skiing since I was 2 1/2 years old, and grew up a ski patroler's brat in PA, then moved to MI when I was 7. My dad continued to be a SP at Cannonsburg (Grand Rapids, MI) which is literally a land fill turned ski area. That's where I became an instructor as a teenager (PSIA level I), mainly teaching children and first timers. I raced for a while when I was at MSU (Go Green!) and as soon as I graduated I moved west to find some real mountains. =) My husband and I are fortunate enough to have a home at Northstar (www.northstartattahoe.com) although we live in the Bay Area full time. Now I am a full time SAHM and I've taken my 2.5yr old daughter out 5 times already this season, she loves it! We hope to have our 1.5 yr old out there next year.

Steeper and deeper,
Mehridith:ski2: :ski2: :ski2:

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I teach weekends at Breckenridge. PSIA Level 1 and hopefully, Level 2 this year! I enjoy working with women who may have some anxiety about skiing. I learned to ski as an adult and can identify with those who have not grown up skiing. Nancy Hummel

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator note: In the interest of keeping this thread a resource for Divas on who instructs where, I moved a number of posts to a new thread. You can find it under the heading I passed my L2.

tdamon

Diva in Training
I am level 1 teaching in Aspen at Buttermilk. I primarily teach kids ages 7-12. Although, I love to teach teens and adults from time to time. I have been teaching for two years. I teach at the Aspen Highlands for the local ski program for 8 Saturdays in the winter. Look me up. I also sell ski vacations!

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I teach at Breckenridge and am PSIA - Level 1 (hopefully Level 2) by the March, 2009. I learned to ski as an adult and love to teach women who may need or want confidence building ski days and who want to broaden their skiing horizons.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Hello Divas. I'm brand new to all this and this is my first post. I'm a CASI level 2, which I passed four years ago. I started out by teaching kids, but prefer to teach adults, which is what I do now. I teach with a travelling ski school out of Montreal in their adult program and with another group of (mainly) seniors that operates out of Mont St. Sauveur in the Laurentians. I'm not specifically affiliated with any mountain, though I call Tremblant my home mountain as that's where I have a pass. I'd love to ski with any Divas who are in the area and of course would be happy to show anyone around Tremblant. I'm a weekday-only skier there (can't face the crowds) and am a devoted x-c skier on weekends.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Of course, I meant CSIA (I do not snowboard!). Too much time on the computer today and eyes are a bit crossed.

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am now certified!! I finished up my Level 1 CSIA course today and got my pin! WOOHOO!! I even came home to a great surprise of a beautiful bouquet of flowers (Christmas arrangment and all sparkly and red) with a store bought card from hubby and kids, and the two oldest kids made some cards for me too!

So if all goes well with scheduling, I should be teaching my first class on Dec 29. And every day that week at 10:30am. YAY! And with all the snow we got today, skiing was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. We finished up early and I managed to get a few 'free' runs in, and practice all the information that was given to me.

Awesome day!!

Jilly

Staff member
Congratulation for joining the Alliance!! Now we have to work on changing that yellow circle to white!!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I am now certified!! I finished up my Level 1 CSIA course today and got my pin! WOOHOO!!
Awesome day!!

Many congratulations. I did my CSIA level 1 in 2004 and truly found it the best ski course ever. Good luck with your first lessons.

VOLKL_skiah

Diva in Training
New to the site and new to instructing! First year at Stowe, hopefully working towards Level 1 in the next year or so. I am teaching all kids, and on the weekends I am a Stowebuster coach - a group of kids ages 7 to 10 that I have all season, every weekend! Its been an interesting experience, but so far..I'm hooked!:becky:

Welcome VOLKL skiah from one Volkl fan to another.

I love Stowe and saw a bunch of Stowebusters when I skied Stowe 2 weeks ago, very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna