• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Instructor Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Many congratulations. I did my CSIA level 1 in 2004 and truly found it the best ski course ever. Good luck with your first lessons.

Thanks! I have survived my first week of teaching! Taught every day from 12/29 - 1/2 for a 1.5 hr lesson each day, (and now have a great tan), then on 1/3, I started with my two lesson groups(1.5hr lessons) that I have for the next 5 weeks! Also had some privates in there too! I LOVE it!! :thumbsup:

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole, Alpine and Nordic Ski Instruction

I have been teaching skiing for Jackson Hole Mountain Resort since 2001. I am a PSIA level 3 alpine instructor, but also teach cross-country (classic and skate) skiing and am a cross-country ski guide for Grand Teton National Park via the resort.

I grew up in Europe and can provide ski instruction in English, French and Swedish. I have taught children and adults in all three.

I predominantly teach adult private lessons, but also coach both the women's alpine and skate skiing camps which are a blast!

I love to introduce skiers to bumps, tight tree skiing, and of course powder when it is on the menu.

For better or worse, the label "patient" has been applied to my instruction and there is some truth to it. Though most of my students would also agree that a big dose of fun is always added into the mix.

I not only love to teach, but love Jackson, so feel free to contact me with any questions any of you may have about upcoming trips.

gravitysfriend

Diva in Training
I just found this site -- how great to stumble on a community of dedicated women skiers. Especially when it's almost 100 degrees outside ...

I have taught at Deer Valley since 2002 and am PSIA Level II Alpine certified, working toward level III. I teach a little bit of everything -- kids, adults, groups, privates. I've skied since I could walk, and I just want my clients to love it as much as I do.

Pray for snow!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't know why I didn't think of doing this last year, but here goes....

I am a PSIA-certified Level-I instructor at Attitash, NH. I started teaching last year, and took the exam for certification in the spring. Teaching skiing has been a real eye-opener for me. What a blast! I love it, and have learned so much, both about skiing (oh, wow, amazing, the training is awesome at my mountain) and about the people who choose to be instructors. The teaching team is a great bunch of people, and I am so lucky to be among them.

I teach at "line-up," which means I get to teach group lessons, private lessons, and the 3-hour never-ever lessons which include helping people get their boots and skis for the first time in the rental shop. Most of my students are adults, and most of them are pretty new to skiing. Every now and then a parent buys a one-hour private lesson for their 5-year old, and I get those kids too. I hope this next year I will be able to work with intermediate skiers more often, but last year being my first year meant I needed to concentrate on beginners.

Honestly, my favorite lessons to give are the 3-hour never-ever lessons. It's great to see the smiling faces as people finally move from the belt (magic carpet) and onto the chairlift, and find they can coast to a stop without falling off at the top of the lift. (We practice down below on a little "cliff" at the edge of the bunny slope, and the success rate is 100% so far.)

If anyone is planning to come up to Attitash, pm me for more info. I'd love to help you out.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole Ski Diva and Instructor

I have been teaching alpine, telemark and nordic skiing at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort since 2001. I am a PSIA certified level 3 alpine and level 2 nordic instructor. I have taught women's camps, local women's groups and clinics. I love to teach all ability levels and am particularly excited to teach skiers who want to have fun by pushing limits while exploring new ways of reaching those limits. I mostly teach private lessons, but would love to be of help to any of the Divas out there that are trying to figure out a lesson game plan for their JH vacation. In addition to teaching, I also lead private cross-country ski and snowshoe tours in Grand Teton National Park, which are a perfect mid week break from the ski area and overworked muscles! Last but not least, I teach in English, French and Swedish, and occasionally in broken Spanish.

loafer

Certified Ski Diva
I am PSIA Level 1 certified, working towards completing my level 2 (passed skiing, going for teaching in feb). I have taught at Sugarloaf, in Maine for 9 seasons now. I recently moved up to adult line-up but have been teaching all ages of kids for years. I also help teach our learn to tele program and in a pinch can teach a learn to ride.

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hi everyone,

I just stumbled across this site and love what I see. I love answering and debating questions on ski technique so I joined up and this is my very first post!

I am based in whistler, BC and my canadian certification is CSIA 3 and CSCF 2. I also have some certs from stints teaching in the US and australia (PSIA and APSI). This is my 12th season of teaching.

I teach adult groups, levels 4-6 (intermediate-expert) and am also a coach with Roxy Allstar women's camps, weekend ski improvement camps for women from 18-99!!

I like to think I don't have a specialty, I love every challenge and am equally happy carving the groomers, tearing up the bumps or shredding the big mountain pow. really looking forward to getting to know you guys!

merrow

Certified Ski Diva
Woohoo! I did it!

I just survived (ok, it was a blast) the Instructor Training Course at Wachusett in MA, and I found out last week that I was hired! :thumbsup:

Orientation last Saturday, and wound up teaching 2 lessons on Sunday.

I can honestly say that I've never had so much fun on the bunny hill in my life. :smile:

gowithapro

Diva in Training
I am a PSIA Ski Instructor level 1 working toward level II. I also have a children's endorsement. I work for Mammoth Mountain in CA. I recently took the Level II exam. I need a bit more work in steeps and bumps. It was a great experience. I did not leave empty handed. I have never skied better than when I took my exam. MO

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a PSIA Ski Instructor level 1 working toward level II. I also have a children's endorsement. I work for Mammoth Mountain in CA. I recently took the Level II exam. I need a bit more work in steeps and bumps. It was a great experience. I did not leave empty handed. I have never skied better than when I took my exam. MO

I started my ski instructing career at Mammoth too, it's a great mountain and super fun for teaching beginners as the snow is always good and the weather almost always sunny! I bet your trainers now are some of my peers! Which lodge are you out of? I was at Main :smile:

mtnxtc

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
HI Mo / GWAP...
I was at MM last week w/ SB4E, (Barbara) and the other Divas who got together to ski a few days - happy to see you've joined up!! ;)
Sorry to read that Level II didn't go as planned, but that's the way it is w/ PSIA, AND, you got what amounts to 3 days of visual training from watching all the other participants - what could be better??
This coming 2010-11 season, I'll be teaching at Mt. Snow, VT. - a new venue for me after two years at a local hill.. www.mountsnow.com

I'm PSIA Level one, need work in steeps and bumps, and am going forward slowly toward Level II, just want to have fun while I'm making turns!

gowithapro

Diva in Training
I started my ski instructing career at Mammoth too, it's a great mountain and super fun for teaching beginners as the snow is always good and the weather almost always sunny! I bet your trainers now are some of my peers! Which lodge are you out of? I was at Main :smile:

mtnxtc

Main, when were you there?

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking for a Diva instructor at The Canyons in Utah. Interested in hiring a SkiDiva instructor at The Canyons. There are four ladies - blue/groomed black skiers - 48-55 yrs of age. Will be there Jan 12-16th. Looking for a half day warm-up/mountain lesson on Jan 13th. We have only skied there for two days last year and will be going back.

mustski

Angel Diva
gowithapro
I will have to get in touch with you before my spring trip this year. I am definitely interested in setting up a lesson.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saw this. I am a PSIA Level 1 Nordic instructor, and I teach telemark skiing. I teach with the Appalachian Mountain Club ski committee (Boston) and New England Telemark. I am also an instructor for the AMC Ski Com backcountry workshop at Cardigan Mountain in NH.

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I teach Alpine lessons to Adults @ Mount Snow, VT. I am PSIA I, taking a LEVEL II practice Exam this winter. Like Mo, I need help in the bumps. If we had some snow, I'd be out there doing it.

GretsJ90

Diva in Training
Hi all,
I am a CSIA level 3, CADS (adaptive instructor) level 2, CSCF (race coach) entry level. Originally from the UK, have been teaching in BC, Canada for the past couple years, now making the leap to the USA. I specialize in women's and adaptive (cognitive disabilities) lessons. I have a huge amount of patience and can guarantee that everyone I teach will be able to ski down the hill by themselves after lessons with me (this is harder than it sounds for some students).
Any ski divas at Canyons, Utah I would love to hear from you.
Happy skiing to you all :ski2:

mustski

Angel Diva
Hi all,
I am a CSIA level 3, CADS (adaptive instructor) level 2, CSCF (race coach) entry level. Originally from the UK, have been teaching in BC, Canada for the past couple years, now making the leap to the USA. I specialize in women's and adaptive (cognitive disabilities) lessons. I have a huge amount of patience and can guarantee that everyone I teach will be able to ski down the hill by themselves after lessons with me (this is harder than it sounds for some students).
Any ski divas at Canyons, Utah I would love to hear from you.
Happy skiing to you all :ski2:

:welcome: to the forum and thanks for the bump. This thread needs updated.

Snowball2

Diva in Training
I am a PSIA Level II with a Children's 2 Cert. with 10 years at Snow Creek Ski and Ride School in Weston, MO (yes there really is skiing on the Missouri Kansas boarder) and 5 years at Breckenridge. Anyone have any experience setting up a Women's Clinic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna