• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Has anyone had a problem with the Squire bindings locking in?

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had the same problem with my squire bindings! Mine seem to be very sensitive to any snow on my heel. Glad to know I'm not the only one having trouble!

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've also had trouble with my Squires. I mentioned it to a guy in a ski shop last year, he told me that this binding wasn't designed to step into. He told me to reach down & pull up on the lever on the heel piece. I've never tried this, but had to do the same with some old,old Look bindings I had.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I skied skis with Squires on them today and had no issues whatsoever. Easy in, easy out. That said, I'm 165 lbs and my weight might have made a difference.

mustski

Angel Diva
I believe they have been resolved because I haven't heard of many issues with them recently. At one time, the problem was common enough that my boot fitter wouldn't even sell them anymore in his shop.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello! Just curious if anyone knows if this issue has been resolved in this seasons Griffon and Squire?
From my experience -
I have the 13/14 Squires - no problems
and DD (at 100 lbs) has the 14/15 Squires - which if I am correct are slightly different than last (plus more colors).
On Friday I watched her un-click one ski in deep snow in the trees to try to retrieve a pole that the tree gnomes snatched from her. Realizing too deep to walk, she easily click back in and proceeded to side step back up to get the pole.

Neither of us have experienced any issues w/ the last two years models.

Libby

Certified Ski Diva
I have the 12/13 Squires and have never had a problem. Perhaps they work better with certain brands of boots?

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think my Squires are 2009-2010, and I've never had trouble. However, I've heard that a lot of the trouble was with lightweights with short BSLs.

If you wanted to try something else, the new Marker 11.0 TC EPS binding has been highly recommended by a few gear guys on Epic. It's supposedly about as light as the Squire, performs well, doesn't have any of the Squire's past step-in problems, and retails for under $150.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I'm really late to this party. I have 3 pairs of Nordica Wildfire skis and one pair has Marker Squire demo bindings. Not sure how old they are but at least 3 years I think. I'm having the worst time clicking into them. It doesn't help that my legs are not as strong as usual due to my ongoing sciatica issues.

I didn't even think about the type of bindings until I brought them in for a binding check yesterday and the technician mentioned that those bindings are notoriously difficult. Like other posters, I really worry about having to click into them on a fairly steep slope.

I guess I'll retire that pair of skis for a while, and possibly consider replacing the bindings if I want to continue using them. I hope that these are the only pair that have those bindings.

Just wanted to add my 2¢.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're skiing a marker, go for the M11.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna