• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Has anyone had a problem with the Squire bindings locking in?

mustski

Angel Diva
I have new Auras with demo bindings- Marker Squires. I am having a terrible time clicking in to them. They just don't want to lock all the way. Now, I need heel replacements on my ski boots - which I am hoping is the cause. However these same boots lock my other binding just fine. With the squires I click in and then have to bang the whole ski on the ground to get them to lock.

Has anyone else experienced this with these bindings? I am hoping the problem will be solved when my new boots get here next week.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got Squire bindings and have no trouble getting into them.

ETA: Oops, mine aren't demo bindings. Did you have the bindings checked? Does the same ski have the same problem with the other boot?

mustski

Angel Diva
I wouldn't think the demo rail would affect them much. I had the same problem with both bindings and both boots. That's why I'm hoping it is the boots. The heels are really worn but I haven't received my replacements yet. I discovered the heel issue when I was getting the new bindings adjusted. The tech had a hard time locking the boot in the binding. I am relieved to hear that the bindings work well for you. Here's hoping :goodluck:!

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine are fine so far, but they're brand new. There are people who have had issues with some of the Marker bindings, even the Royale series. Apparently it can happen if your boots aren't free of snow.

Let's hope it's your boot soles!

mustski

Angel Diva
I hope it's the boots because "free of snow" is practically impossible. I worry about a fall on the steeps and the bindings releasing. I would never be able to click back into these on a steep. And ... they are brand new!

socalskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was skiing this weekend on my brand new squires and I noticed exactly what you're talking about. I clip in and then I have to slam my foot on the ground to get it to fully latch. I'm not thrilled by this. I'm much happier with my Solomon z12ti. I'll be using those exclusively in the future.

Also, mine are not demo bindings. It doesn't happen every time, but enough to make me nervous.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My squire bindings are awesome, but they are not demo. Dunno how that would affect them (and how much wear and tear those demo bindings have seen before you ever got them).

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got the Marker Griffons. Yes, they have been terribly hard to click in, and will shoot you right back out. This is REALLY a problem when you are on a steeper slope attempting to get your ski back on. Other folks have the same problem. I have asked several owners who've responded with the same negative comments. Nothing to do with the snow either. What I have noticed, is that the second season I used them the issue resolved itself for the most part.

With these bindings---or at least with my Griffons---the DIN setting also had to be moved higher than is recommended for my size. At first I thought the higher setting was the problem. It wasn't.

Another thing to watch for is this: after you have removed your skis and put them together to carry off, that brake can jump up and attack your hand. (keep your gloves on and make certain the brakes where they are supposed to be. They will appear ok.) This would be due to the same mechanism failure that prevents the ski from clicking in easily...it doesn't quite finish its job. So be careful! :eek:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had some issues with one of my Squire bindings, so I took the heel piece off and checked it, not sure why it was hard to get into, but after i put the piece back on I didn't have any troubles.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am going to phone Marker and see if I have a faulty set. Literally, I have to jump and stomp to get it move to lock position. It clicks in part way but not fully locked. My DIN is set at 6 (I'm not aggressive just fast) and my skis usually don't come off when I fall. If they come off on a steep or in powder ... I'm dead! No way, these are going back on in those circumstances.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At 5'2" 98 lbs. I may not have all the power you do, but those bindings behave exactly the way you describe. They certainly have committment issues...like I said, mine took several dates before deciding to become companionable.

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks Badger, hopefully mine will decide they would like a long term relationship after all!:ROTF:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have new Auras with demo bindings- Marker Squires. I am having a terrible time clicking in to them. They just don't want to lock all the way. Now, I need heel replacements on my ski boots - which I am hoping is the cause. However these same boots lock my other binding just fine. With the squires I click in and then have to bang the whole ski on the ground to get them to lock.

Has anyone else experienced this with these bindings? I am hoping the problem will be solved when my new boots get here next week.

Yes I used to in fact. I had that problem with my Dalbellos last year and with a pair of Full Tilts I had as well. My squires are a little older and there were originally known compatibility issues with these two boots and that binding. If you have the above combination there is also slop when you do lock in, in the toe piece. I think they have since fixed it and there was a fix available for it. Now that I have different boots though the situation you describe isn't happening anymore. I have no idea why or how that would have affected getting the ski on in general, but I no longer have to bang the ski down like you describe.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Mustski, I had very similar problems when my heel pieces were worn. In fact, that's what alerted me to the wear issue.

I hope that new heel pieces solve your problem.

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks everybody. I am hoping the new boots solve the problem. They should get here next week and then I'll try the skis again. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll call Marker and see what they suggest.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mustski, For what it's worth, my boots were brand new and still had the problem. Maybe next week I will ski the Celebrity---the one with the Griffon binding---and see where we're at. I 'm curious to check 'em out. I have not used these skis this season yet, for lack of deeper snow. But I will do so next week, in the quest of research.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna