• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Closing dates 2017

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied today and barely survived the snow! I'm looking forward to hiking, and I know sailing is in your near future.

We will soldier on somehow.

Of course we will! That's what we do! I did get the powder skis to more or less do my bidding. Mid day start would have given me more powder. Hindsight says I should have (and I thought about it ... didn't act) stopped on my way up the hill and traded the powder skis in for something less aggressive (102 underfoot and longer than my daily skis). It was scratchy at first and the fat skis aren't made for that. I went and asked an instructor friend how to turn the beasts! Helped me a lot!

I got home mid-day today. A walk near the salt water did help me!

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing Tremblant today with Lizzy. Slush bumps after lunch and some delayed opening of some runs. But not a bad day today. The Caribou Cup aka adult beverage puddle jump was this afternoon. No sun for the party. Skiing morning with a late lunch are the plans for tomorrow.

Were there still many runs open at Tremblant? I skied Bromont and the conditions were so so. They had heavy, wet snow so it was very bumpy and my legs sure got a workout but there were a good number of runs still open. I imagine they will probably close in the next week or so.

Jilly

Staff member
We were basically fully open. Today was the last day for the Edge. Some of the gladed runs are a little sketchy. Big slush bumps from about 11am on.....Have to keep an eye on the weather for the next week. They are planning on keeping the Soliel open till Easter.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mt Bachelor's "spring pass" starts tomorrow. :eek: Looks like they are planning to go up to 5/28, the day before Memorial Day, with gradually reducing operations.

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/springtacular/

Mt Hood Timberline will close then, too, but only to reopen for the summer season on June 1, glacier permitting.

Other Oregon closing dates range from today to mid-May.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't think you'll be disappointed
Was definitely not disappointed. Snow got grabby after lunch, but hey- it was April 2, they had a reggae band playing, the lines weren't too bad- no complaints from me! Don't think I can get there today after all, so yesterday may have been my last for the season. I know WaWa has said they might try for next weekend still, but with the rain in the forecast I might just try to quit on a high note.

Well, one complaint from me- getting rentals. The woman at the boot station was very helpful making sure she had the right size boot, insisting she try a smaller size to be sure. But at the ski station, the woman just looked at the sticker the computer spit out after my guest entered her height (5'11") her weight (200 lbs), and skier level (2-she had skied reds in Europe before). She was not happy when I asked for a longer ski for my guest. She grabbed the next size up. I asked to hold it up to my friend. I asked for the next size up from that. She gave me a look. She really did not want my input on what size ski would be appropriate. "Well, the next size up would be 170" Thank you, we'll take it. Yep, the first pair of skis they pulled out were only 150 cm. And yes, the 170 turned out to be just right.

mustski

Angel Diva
Bear Mountain is scheduled to close today. They are trying to keep Summit open until 4-16. They shouldn't. Today was supposed to be my last day locally, but I twisted my neck yesterday and decided not to ski today. Skiing hurt yesterday and the conditions aren't worth it.

Mammoth is staying open until July 4th so we have 3 long weekends planned.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking like tomorrow I might get in one final "last day" at Wachusett. Shooting for 8 when they open so I have time to get in enough runs before the snow gets too grabby. That and I have to make sure I am back in time for my brother's 50th birthday party later in the day. If any other locals are thinking of going, I have a free ticket available. Sounds like they will have live music and a bbq set up on the patio again like last weekend. So glad I upgraded my weekday pass back at the end of February to include weekends. I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here are closing dates for Vermont ski resorts.

Current Open Resorts With Projected Closing Dates:

• Burke Mountain: Projected Closing - April 16, 2017
  • Mount Snow Resort: Projected Closing - April 16, 2017
  • Okemo Mountain Resort: Projected Closing - April 16, 2017
  • Smugglers' Notch Resort: Projected Closing - April 16, 2017
  • Stowe Mountain Resort: Projected Closing - April 23, 2017
  • Sugarbush Resort: Projected Closing - April 23, 2017 (possibly re-open 4/29 + 4/30)
  • Jay Peak Resort: Projected Closing - May 7, 2017
  • Killington Resort: Projected Closing - June 1, 2017
Current Closed Resorts

• Bolton Valley Resort: Closed on April 9, 2017
  • Bromley Mountain: Closed on April 2, 2017
  • Mad River Glen: Closed on April 9, 2017
  • Magic Mountain: Closed on April 9, 2017
  • Middlebury College Snow Bowl: Closed on April 2, 2017
  • Pico Mountain: Closed on April 9, 2017
  • Quechee Ski Area: Closed on March 19, 2017
  • Stratton Mountain Resort: Closed on April 9, 2017
  • Suicide Six: Closed on March 19, 2017

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Closing dates for California resorts. Note the first two: JULY 4th!!!

Mammoth Mountain – 07/04
Squaw Valley – 07/04
Alpine Meadows – TBA
Boreal – 04/23
Northstar – 04/23
Sierra-at-Tahoe – 04/23
Kirkwood – 04/16
Homewood – 04/16
Mt Shasta Ski Park – 04/16
June Mountain – CLOSED
Bear Mountain – CLOSED
Snow Summit – CLOSED
Mountain High – CLOSED

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alpine Meadows will operate seven days a week through April 30, then Saturdays and Sundays only until closing on May 14. Squaw says they will stay open into June, and be open July 4, weather and conditions permitting. What a season! They just got 8 inches in the past 24 hours!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Alpine Meadows will operate seven days a week through April 30, then Saturdays and Sundays only until closing on May 14. Squaw says they will stay open into June, and be open July 4, weather and conditions permitting. What a season! They just got 8 inches in the past 24 hours!
Think I saw Northstar got about 3 feet since April 7.... Unheard of.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Orthopedist said no aggressive sports for 3 months. Hmm wonder if I can ski Squaw on July 4?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Lol. My brother did it a few years back. I'll have to ask him which runs were actually open. It looks like the 4th is a work day for me this year :(
Oh I skied Squaw one year on July 8. Usually Shirley Lake is open - maybe Granite Chief?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is interesting. From Snowbrains.com:

Squaw Valley ski resort in California has so much snow that they are considering staying open all spring, summer, and fall right into the start of next season…

“I’m actually considering staying open through the summer and fall so it becomes the 16/17/18 season. We’re taking a hard look at that. Maybe we spin Shirley through the summer. There’s so much snow up there.”

“We think it’d be a cool thing if people uploaded on the tram and likely hiked up a couple of hundred meters and dropped Shirley.” – Andy Wirth, CEO/President of Squaw Valley

marzNC

Angel Diva
Brighton extended their season for an extra week. Will be open daily April 17-23. $40 day ticket for anyone with a season pass from any other ski area/resort.

Snowbird will be open daily for a while yet, until mid-May I think. A few weekends after that too.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Squaw Valley ski resort in California has so much snow that they are considering staying open all spring, summer, and fall right into the start of next season…

“I’m actually considering staying open through the summer and fall so it becomes the 16/17/18 season. We’re taking a hard look at that. Maybe we spin Shirley through the summer. There’s so much snow up there.”

“We think it’d be a cool thing if people uploaded on the tram and likely hiked up a couple of hundred meters and dropped Shirley.” – Andy Wirth, CEO/President of Squaw Valley
Wow, we were just talking about skiing Squaw on the 4th... I was told no aggressive sports for 3 months...That would be awesome.
On another note, I heard a bear was sighted off the Gunbarrel run at Heavenly.... And that is a fun run to ski in the spring.

Christy

Angel Diva

It's awfully good PR. It doesn't look like they got the most snow of the Tahoe resorts, and Mount Baker has gotten considerably more than them, so really their snowfall amount isn't that amazing. Although maybe they're holding onto it better? In any case people are going to remember a resort that stayed open all year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna