• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bindings for Rossignol Saffron 7?

Sparky

Angel Diva
Okay, here's an update... I bought the Black Pearls! I was in the shop Sunday and the guy said he would give me a deal on them, but I waffled on it, so he let me take them out again. I loved them as much as the first time, and just felt confident and in control on them. So we made a deal and I ended up going with Saphirs because they didn't have the Z10, but I'm fine with that since both bindings on my old skis are Saphirs and I never had any problems with them.

Then I went back to my idea about having both the BP and Savory (I would sell my Saffons), because they actually had last year's Savory for $400. But the guys there discouraged me from that ski (they were actually turning down a sale??) and said the Saffron (which I bought elsewhere) was better for me and different enough from the BPs (esp at 152). I had them give me a discount on a second mounting, so I'm going to try the Z10 for the Saffron and will buy from evo.

I will ski my BPs most of the time at Mammoth until they get some snow (if they ever do!) and hope to take my Saffrons to Sun Valley at the end of the month if they have more snow up there.

Thank you all for your input, I love this site!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Okay, here's an update... I bought the Black Pearls! I was in the shop Sunday and the guy said he would give me a deal on them, but I waffled on it, so he let me take them out again. I loved them as much as the first time, and just felt confident and in control on them. So we made a deal and I ended up going with Saphirs because they didn't have the Z10, but I'm fine with that since both bindings on my old skis are Saphirs and I never had any problems with them.

Then I went back to my idea about having both the BP and Savory (I would sell my Saffons), because they actually had last year's Savory for $400. But the guys there discouraged me from that ski (they were actually turning down a sale??) and said the Saffron (which I bought elsewhere) was better for me and different enough from the BPs (esp at 152). I had them give me a discount on a second mounting, so I'm going to try the Z10 for the Saffron and will buy from evo.

I will ski my BPs most of the time at Mammoth until they get some snow (if they ever do!) and hope to take my Saffrons to Sun Valley at the end of the month if they have more snow up there.

Thank you all for your input, I love this site!!
Where did you find the Savory's for $400?? BTW, I have the Salomon Z10 Titanium bindings on my Volkl Kenja's and love them… no problems at all. I want to demo the Savory's and the Saffron's but waiting for more snow. I'm actually in Northstar now and they are doing an amazing job of snowmaking and grooming.

iamOshawott

Certified Ski Diva
Where might that be? Curious , why ate saffrons better than savory ? How tall are you?

I'm about your size, 5"2 and 95 lbs. I didn't say which was better but for me Saffron was the easier choice because I demoed it. I think Savory would be too much on groomers.

The shop is in Vancouver, BC. Our Canadian dollars is weak so American Divas should come and shop!!

Sparky

Angel Diva
I'm 5'3" and 115 lbs. They thought the Savory was too much for me and that it wouldn't offer me any more floatation and may be harder to control. These were last year's model so $445 for this year's model sounds like a great deal. My shop is Kittredge in Mammoth and everybody there is super nice and knowledgeable (well except one guy in the boot dept that doesn't really know his stuff, maybe he's new). They also have last year's Saffron for $350.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm 5'3" and 115 lbs. They thought the Savory was too much for me and that it wouldn't offer me any more floatation and may be harder to control. These were last year's model so $445 for this year's model sounds like a great deal. My shop is Kittredge in Mammoth and everybody there is super nice and knowledgeable (well except one guy in the boot dept that doesn't really know his stuff, maybe he's new). They also have last year's Saffron for $350.
Thanks for the great information…. now all we need is snow. I was going to demo the Saffron's and the Savory's but @ $75 - is it worth it on man made groomed snow… Also concerned 162 might be a tad long… but guys in shop say no, they would be fine.

Sparky

Angel Diva
@Sparky What part of SoCal are you in? I just wanted to say welcome. If you ski Big Bear at all, then the BPs would be a great addition for the frontside. Then again, I'm an enabler!

Thanks for enabling! I'm way up in Valencia, in the Santa Clarita Valley, so a tad easier to get to Mammoth than from LA. Big Bear is probably hurting bad this year, huh? How often do you get up to Mammoth?

Sparky

Angel Diva
Thanks for the great information…. now all we need is snow. I was going to demo the Saffron's and the Savory's but @ $75 - is it worth it on man made groomed snow… Also concerned 162 might be a tad long… but guys in shop say no, they would be fine.
You're only two inches shorter than me, probably a better skier, and I think if you can ski Kenjas and Sambas, you're probably fine on the 162. I was actually very nervous but was pleasantly surprised how comfortable I was on them. But $75 is steep for not ideal conditions...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Salomon Z10 is my binding of choice. The ramp angle is more neutral than the Saphir binding. The demo Saffron's had the Saphir binding and it felt like I had a heel lift in my boot. Not a big difference but enough to be noticeable. My shop did have to order a wider brake for them. Btw, I have skied my Saffron's in all conditions and love them.
So I am about your size and maybe weigh a little more (100) but demoed the Saffron 7 at Heavenly today and thought they were a total blast… the 162's were fine (even tho volkl kenjas are 149)… I hated the heavy demo binding but would pair with the Salomon Z10 for sure…. I have that binding on my Kenja's and love it. They are on sale for 489… cost $78 to demo but goes toward purchase price . Think I should get them….

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My initial impression when I demoed was "these skis are a blast". I'm so glad I demoed them as I would have over looked them thinking they'd be to much like the Savory. I just got back from Vail and my SO and I skied our friends down the groomers, trees, bumps, chop and slush and the Saffron's did it all. For that price I'd say go for it, I paid $699 for them here. Just make sure they are this year's ski, pink tips, not last year's.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My initial impression when I demoed was "these skis are a blast". I'm so glad I demoed them as I would have over looked them thinking they'd be to much like the Savory. I just got back from Vail and my SO and I skied our friends down the groomers, trees, bumps, chop and slush and the Saffron's did it all. For that price I'd say go for it, I paid $699 for them here. Just make sure they are this year's ski, pink tips, not last year's.
They do have the pink top sheet (don't love-who wants pink skis) and also have the Salomon Z10's for $159… I should get them, huh? So different from the stiff Volkl that I am used to… Also, am not young anymore so think maybe a softer ski would be good…. and it was…. I am demo-ing again tomorrow …..after that it's back to no snow in the sierras, but I think I need these...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Also, what is the difference between last year and this year? just curious..

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossi used a different material for the core in last year's skis. No one liked them, my shop wouldn't stock them. This year Rossi used the same core as the others in the series and I'm told they are a much better ski. I don't care for the pink top sheet either but the color sort of grows on you. At least they didn't put any silly, doe eyed girl on this years like last years Savory has. BTW, I'm 65+ and my skiing keeps improving. I'm sure some of this is due to the technology in today's skis. One thing I noticed about the Saffron is when I feel tired I don't feel like the ski is weighting me down. Looks like I'll get to ski the Savory's this week, we're getting snow tonight.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Rossi used a different material for the core in last year's skis. No one liked them, my shop wouldn't stock them. This year Rossi used the same core as the others in the series and I'm told they are a much better ski. I don't care for the pink top sheet either but the color sort of grows on you. At least they didn't put any silly, doe eyed girl on this years like last years Savory has. BTW, I'm 65+ and my skiing keeps improving. I'm sure some of this is due to the technology in today's skis. One thing I noticed about the Saffron is when I feel tired I don't feel like the ski is weighting me down. Looks like I'll get to ski the Savory's this week, we're getting snow tonight.
Awesome… I just turned 65… Yikes, a medicare card….We're too young for that! Thanks to your reviews, I think I will purchase…..

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My insurance company recently sent me a Silver Sneakers card. And, yes, Medicare, yikes.

elemmac

Angel Diva
If you're looking for a binding for an all-mountain and a powder ski, check out the Marker Schizo. I don't know how this binding hasn't caught on more yet. It's a bit heavier than your average binding, but you have the ability to move it from center mount (for all-mountain) and set back (for powder).

iamOshawott

Certified Ski Diva
I ended up with the Rossi pink bindings instead since I couldn't find the Z10. Took it out for a day on Whistler, no complains. Maybe because I've been on Rossi bindings since I started skiing, didn't notice this ramp angle thing.

Also the shops are having more discounts on the Saffrons, they are not $389 at the store, Canadian dollars. The Temptation 88 is sitting at $359, if it's going to dip any lower than that, I'm going to get a pair. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna