• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone score a great end of season deal?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have the Salomon z10 titanium on my kenja's and Rossi saffrons. Have the marker squires on sambas. Both excellent light bindings.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sure the shop could offer advice. It's just that I couldn't mount Atomics onto my ski to replace the Squires. But Head was ok.

The Kenjas I sold locally came with Attack 13 bindings (oh how I loved them). When I bought my latest Kenjas they were mounted with Marker Griffon bindings. They asked if I was lightweight and offered to swap the bindings out for Marker Squires. I told them no the griffons were fine since the term lightweight will never be used to describe me :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The Kenjas I sold locally came with Attack 13 bindings (oh how I loved them). When I bought my latest Kenjas they were mounted with Marker Griffon bindings. They asked if I was lightweight and offered to swap the bindings out for Marker Squires. I told them no the griffons were fine since the term lightweight will never be used to describe me :smile:
You should try (maybe you have ) buying a flat ski and putting bindings on them that are not demo. There's a huge difference I think. Fit, performance, weight etc. IMHO.

You should try (maybe you have ) buying a flat ski and putting bindings on them that are not demo. There's a huge difference I think. Fit, performance, weight etc. IMHO.

I bought my Blizzard magnums brand new and flat and put non demo bindings on them and didn't notice a difference.

I was very fond of the demo attack 13 bindings on my kenjas in particular because clicking into them was a dream. I would put attack 13s on all my flat skis if i could

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I bought my Blizzard magnums brand new and flat and put non demo bindings on them and didn't notice a difference.

I was very fond of the demo attack 13 bindings on my kenjas in particular because clicking into them was a dream. I would put attack 13s on all my flat skis if i could
Yes but try a non demo attack 13 binding. Next time! Huge difference.

Yes but try a non demo attack 13 binding. Next time! Huge difference.

I am not saying you are wrong. I am just saying i didn't notice a difference with the non demo bindings on my magnums. I also had non demo bindings on my yumis. I didn't notice anything with them either. What i loved about the attack 13s was simply how smooth it was to click into them. As far as weight goes, nothing jumped out at me and seemed lighter than the other.

I weigh 175lbs so not sure I'd notice a 5lb difference

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No worries. I'm not criticizing (hope it didn't sound like that). It's a preference for me. When I bought the Sambas, the first thing I did was get rid of the demo bindings. And they were Salomon z10's which are a very good binding. But demos are so freaking heavy..... and i'm a bit lighter than you:smile:

No worries. I'm not criticizing (hope it didn't sound like that). It's a preference for me. When I bought the Sambas, the first thing I did was get rid of the demo bindings. And they were Salomon z10's which are a very good binding. But demos are so freaking heavy..... and i'm a bit lighter than you:smile:

No worries it's all good.

I used to be light once, when i was in grammer school i think lol.

Just scored a Fischer ski bag for $15. I realized DH's anniversary present (skis) is in my big rossi clamshell bag with my Kenjas but when my Kastles arrive I'll need a bag. I will use the bag for DH's skis and wrap that up come september and just put the Kastles in with the Kenjas.

Still have my 2013 Charismas, I may keep them as rock skis if I don't find a buyer. I haven't been pushing to get rid of them since it's July. I may sell them in the swap in October but the thought of keeping them as as rock skis has some appeal.

No more skis for this household.......no....more.....space...........

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Between-seasons-deal: POC Iris Stripes goggles in purple (totally match my Hojis :becky: ) for EUR 19,-

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone find any amazing deals on a wheeled double ski bags? We pack all of our clothes in our ski bags with the skis, being mindful of the overall weight, and having witnessed what my inlaws go through with fitting everything into their double sportube and then negotiating with the agent at the airport, a hard case isn't an option for us.

My old bag was a $50 store-branded nylon wheeled bag that held up for more than 10 years. It arrived in critical condition last season on the flight out to Colorado with one of the wheels ripped off completely, and died forever on the return flight home when the other wheel disappeared too. The shop doesn't seem to sell them anymore otherwise I'd buy two!

The "good" Athalon one we bought a couple years ago for three times as much as the original is not holding up nearly as well.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone find any amazing deals on a wheeled double ski bags? We pack all of our clothes in our ski bags with the skis, being mindful of the overall weight, and having witnessed what my inlaws go through with fitting everything into their double sportube and then negotiating with the agent at the airport, a hard case isn't an option for us.

My old bag was a $50 store-branded nylon wheeled bag that held up for more than 10 years. It arrived in critical condition last season on the flight out to Colorado with one of the wheels ripped off completely, and died forever on the return flight home when the other wheel disappeared too. The shop doesn't seem to sell them anymore otherwise I'd buy two!

The "good" Athalon one we bought a couple years ago for three times as much as the original is not holding up nearly as well.
I haven't been looking, but always seem to find good stuff on Sierra Trading Post in the middle of summer.

Here a couple of other threads about ski bags if you haven't decided which one to go with:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/double-ski-bag.19755/
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/douchebag-ski-bag-review-by-blister-gear.19696/

I have the Dakine Double Fall Line that a lot of people have. I took it on a 9-day trip around the West this winter and SO actually used it for his snowboards when he went to Alaska because it's much smaller than his 186 Burton bag and a lot lighter. So the Dakine has only been on two trips but seems to be holding up!

I've not really been home since friday so it's been difficult knowing I have a pair of Kastle's just hanging in the living room still mummified in plastic. Literally brought them in Friday, dismantled the box and they've been waiting for me ever since. Tonight's the night.

I just won this auction on this double ski bag so should have it by the weekend. $.98 winning bid and $23 shipping so total cost $23.98. Not sure how suitable this will be for travel out west but if anything it'll hold 2 bags. Seems like a good bag.

s-l1600.jpg

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been looking, but always seem to find good stuff on Sierra Trading Post in the middle of summer.
I hit up STP the other day and scored an Athalon Molded wheeled double ski bag for $85 with tax and free shipping. It was the last one, and on clearance. Its listed at eBags.com for $159, and elsewhere for more than $200. It might not be the biggest, and isn't as fancy as the coveted Douchebag ski bag, but we only pack one pair in it so it should be good.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hit up STP the other day and scored an Athalon Molded wheeled double ski bag for $85 with tax and free shipping. It was the last one, and on clearance. Its listed at eBags.com for $159, and elsewhere for more than $200. It might not be the biggest, and isn't as fancy as the coveted Douchebag ski bag, but we only pack one pair in it so it should be good.
OOoo v. cool, have not seen one like this before. This looks like it's the best of both worlds: Hard case that is more protective, but easy open/close like soft bags that TSA won't be confused by if opening. I will be interested to hear how much you can pack in when it arrives...I also try to get the majority of my clothes in my bag along with two pairs of skis.

Okay, watched this video and now I want this bag!

Not buying a bag today and I also need to research the airline's travel bag policy but how is something like this. Thinking we'll each get one but I know nothing about sport tubes so not sure if they are all the same or not.

upload_2016-8-5_10-50-24.png

I paid over $150 for mine. So good deal!

Do you have a single? I am just starting research because I don't want to be in a position where its January, I'm flying in February and don't have a proper flying ski bag.

DH needs to transport skis also, probably easier to get 2 single sport tubes just so one's not overly heavy.

Jilly

Staff member
Yes. I bought mine as Air Canada has a policy about "soft" bags for sport equipment. It applies to golf bags too. You can still use a bag, but you have to sign off about any damage.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga