• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone score a great end of season deal?

@surfsnowgirl with all those skis (what 7 pairs?) all new for 2016--- you will never wear them out. Also, with the 98's you need to go west.

6 pairs and only 3 of them are brand new. My "brand new" skis were all heavily discounted. 40% off on Redsters plus demo fee backed out, Charismas came from Canada and a fabulous exchange rate and 90eights are a special deal through someone at my mountain. All 6 of my skis probably cost equivalent to 2-3 pairs of the average persons total quiver cost.

90eights will be good in northeast for powder days and end of season slush. I will also bring them out west as well

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oh well...... Hey I now have 2 pairs of skis. Going on my 40th year of skiing and never missed a year... But oh the shoes and boots .....
Who knows think I might want the Nordica Santa Ana's.... But then a decision what skis to take to Europe in February ...

Oh well...... Hey I now have 2 pairs of skis. Going on my 40th year of skiing and never missed a year... But oh the shoes and boots .....

I wished i started skiing 30 years ago. 2 pairs of skis, you go. Maybe 3 pairs (Santa Anas) haha.

I used to be more into shoes. Now all i need in life are flip flops, hiking shoes, uggs and ski boots.

One word. Heavy..

My Kenjas had Attack 13's on them as demo bindings so I've had good experience with "demo" bindings not just being these cheap heavy things thrown on but good quality bindings that people buy and put on their own flat skis.

A ha! But did you demo the Kastle's yet? I don't have a place to store 6 pairs of skis. Well I guess @ the Northstar house where my measly Kenjas, Sambas, and Saffrons live. lol.

Nothing measly about 3 pairs of skis. Well you started with 1 pair, now you have 3, soon you'll have the Santa Anas and then you'll have 4 so...............................

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My Kenjas had Attack 13's on them as demo bindings so I've had good experience with "demo" bindings not just being these cheap heavy things thrown on but good quality bindings that people buy and put on their own flat skis.
I think it's personal preference as the demo bindings on the Sambas I bought were Salomon Z10's (very good bindings) but I switched them out to Marker Squires and skis are now 6 pounds lighter. I never said they were cheap, just HEAVY.

I think it's personal preference as the demo bindings on the Sambas I bought were Salomon Z10's (very good bindings) but I switched them out to Marker Squires and skis are now 6 pounds lighter. I never said they were cheap, just HEAVY.

Oh ok, I guess I just don't notice when a binding is heavy since I'm not light in the weight category.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Wow, 6 pounds! So, here's a question. Obviously (and I don't know that I knew this because I'm not at all binding oriented) some demo bindings can be replaced. The skis I just got have demo bindings (like every other pair of skis I've had, but one). If I ski with the demo bindings and am happy, then I'll leave it. But 6 pounds?! That could make a difference. If I play around with positioning on the demo binding (center, forward of center, etc.) and find a place I think I like, does having replacement binding mounted there mean I'll like it, or is placement also binding-type related? Does that make sense?

FWIW they're last year's Kenjas (the black and pink). And I was already wondering whether I should have them set to the center point or somewhere else. So any suggestions are welcome.

Oh, and when I say center point, I mean recommended mounting point.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I've only had one other pair of skis that I switched out bindings for the same reason. Normally I buy new flat skis and hand pick my bindings. I do know that you can play around with mounting point etc. As I said earlier, it's a personal preference for me to NOT have demo bindings on skis. I'm very petite and lightweight and the Sambas are not a super light ski so wanted to get rid of the demo bindings as I knew I would shave weight off them. The 6 lbs is mostly due to the new bindings I selected. Marker Squires are one of the lightest on the market.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've always had my Volkls, Kenjas and now Yumis, just set at the center point/recommended mounting point.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've only had one other pair of skis that I switched out bindings for the same reason. Normally I buy new flat skis and hand pick my bindings. I do know that you can play around with mounting point etc. As I said earlier, it's a personal preference for me to NOT have demo bindings on skis. I'm very petite and lightweight and the Sambas are not a super light ski so wanted to get rid of the demo bindings as I knew I would shave weight off them. The 6 lbs is mostly due to the new bindings I selected. Marker Squires are one of the lightest on the market.

I sold my Jr. race skis b/c I couldn't stand the weight of the skis (entirely due to the heavy race bindings), so I get it.

@Jenny I usually buy demo skis so bindings have come with them. Of the one flat pair I bought I had the bindings mounted at the recommend mounting point.

The demo bindings on the Kenjas are Rossignol Axium 120 Demo Bindings in case you wanted to read up on them. If you need to remount them this will only be the 2nd remount so they should be able to move them if you so desire.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Thanks for the binding name again. I thought I remembered you mentioning it somewhere else but now I won't have to search for it!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're replacing bindings, try to make sure your new binding can be safely installed in place of the existing set.

The shop can tell you by looking at the jig required for mounting the new ones.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga