• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2014 Cycle Stoke Thread

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do love my 29er. I didn't mountain bike at all until I moved out here a few years ago, and I'm still pretty intermediate by anyone's standards. I demo'ed both a 26" bike (why does no one say 26er?) and a 29er when I was bike shopping, and I ended up with a Giant Anthem 29er. The ride is way flowier and smoother than the 26" bike, and it just rolls over everything. Maybe going uphill is a little harder, I dunno, but it feels fine to me. Also tight switchbacks have been a bear to learn. Love the bike overall, though... just super flowy and really fun.

I did the same demoing both and chose the 29er. But, this winter we were in Palm Springs and I rented a 750B and it fit like a glove. I don't think I can justify a new bike over 1.5" and I need the rolling speed to keep up with DH. But, I would suggest to others unsure to check out the 750s too. My 29er is awesome til I need to put a foot down - then it feels really tall.

altagirl

Staff member
I was told to ride Park City for smooth, super fun single track! Need to head down there one of these days.

There is just a TON of riding in Park City too. Some of it is super smooth single track, they now have some decent flow trails at the Canyons and Trailside and smaller variations at Bob's Basin, and there are actually some very technical downhill trails at Deer Valley, and some fun natural technical at the Canyons. If you're looking for smooth and fun, I'd say you need to try Spin Cycle for sure. Or Flying Dog.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Trek Lush 29er I rode did not feel tall at all, and I'm 5'5" and bought a 17". My OLD Trek does feel tall, however. I'll report back after I ride it on the trail if it feels differently.

Park City is on my list, even though our trails up here in the Ogden area are fantastic! Might have to wait until school starts in August to sneak away, though...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Look, guys, we don't need to get into religious wars about wheel sizes!

... as long as we all recognize my frame is the best /duck /run

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm open to frames, as long as they are built up with my Ergon grips and cushy saddle. It's really the little things that matter to me ;-)

I also just replaced my worn-to-bare-rubber Ergon grips with another pair of Ergons =)

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
ok...im a mountain biking novice, but i really began to get into it with my department store special last year...so, this summer, i decided to buy an entry level mtn bike...i tried on a bunch, and decided on the norco storm 7.1 - and i really love it! its so smooth and easy to ride compared to my old bike. I'm so excited to see where it will take me this summer...

its got 27.5" wheels, which i really like, and some nice components. and it comes in this awesome yellow colour!!!053085-2.jpg

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, well, as long as we're talking color ... here's my new (last year) Truth frame. It replaced, I kid you not, an anodized gold frame. The gold never felt quite right to me. Smoky black to grey with red accents? Oh, yeah. I even found pedals that are black with red traction pins, although the paint is coming off the pins now.

Truth.jpg

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Oh, well, as long as we're talking color ... here's my new (last year) Truth frame. It replaced, I kid you not, an anodized gold frame. The gold never felt quite right to me. Smoky black to grey with red accents? Oh, yeah. I even found pedals that are black with red traction pins, although the paint is coming off the pins now.

View attachment 2907
Wow! Nice looking bike!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, those are great!!!!! Wish I could come up and take a class from you! Maybe if I hit my mom's in Spokane at all this summer :becky:

I did get my Trek Lush 29er and rode it yesterday. Ohhhhhmyyylawd I love it! It climbs like a billy goat! And smooth smooth smooth!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@geargrrl you have most definitely stoked the stoke thread! :yahoo:

I got new cycle shoes this morning and didn't want to get deep into a trail ride without knowing if I was going to have any break in concern, so we went for a short 10 mile ride on the paved trail from Squaw to Tahoe City along the Truckee River. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Summer Solstice.
10488229_10154188255710018_6656957370027753101_n.jpg

I love love love my new shoes and can hardly wait to get out on some single track with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga