• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2009-2010 Ski Passes

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Never do a season pass anywhere. I'd really like to, and I really should, but I also like to mix it up, so I don't think I'll ever get my money's worth at one resort. Sure wish PA ski areas would consider a multi-resort season pass like they have out west!

Hi Lovebug!

I would love to meet up with any divas skiing at Blue or Elk, as those are my home mountains!

Yeah, they're not great, but it's still a place to make turns while planning those trips to Vermont and out west. :smile::smile:

Can't say they've done anything for my powder skiing :D, but you can definitely practice your bump skiing and do some nice cruising. (Anytime I manage to make a run through our icy mishapen bumps, I think about how much easier it will be to ski the fluffy round bumps when I get out west!)

I'm on the MD eastern shore, but my family has a vacation home near Blakeslee in the Poconos - so I'm up there on any weekend that I'm not taking a ski vacation elsewhere. Hope to hook up with other mid-Atlantic divas this year. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
Yeah, they're not great, but it's still a place to make turns while planning those trips to Vermont and out west.

Years ago Ski Canada magazine did an article they called "Breeders and Feeders" It was about the smaller hills that are out there and how they keep the passion alive.

Our local bump has a $99 night pass. So you only make 5-8 turns going down, but you're out sliding around.

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Skisailor - we definatly need to make a ski date. I will be at blue most friday nights and weekends when we arent somewhere else! I think that i will be doing some (if not all) the womens weekends at Elk this year - especially the Saturday one(s). Go up on Friday night, ski with clas son saturday and then ski with the boys on Sunday. We'll have to make plans as soon as ... oh yeah ... it starts to snow :smile:

IttyBittyBetty

Certified Ski Diva
I have the Colorado Pass (Vail/Beaver Creek for 10 days and unlimited Keystone/Breckenridge/A-Basin) and the Rocky Mountain Super Pass (Copper/Winter Park w 6 days and Fridays @ Steamboat). This gives us mucho flexibility in selecting the resort that has the best conditions for the day! Since we we ski at least 40 days a season, we still come out ahead in pricing buying these two passes vs. paying individually. When we are able to afford a condo up in Summit County, we will get the EPIC pass for sure and hit Vail up more than 10 times a season!

I can't wait to ski!:yahoo:

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm planning to get a Sunday-Friday pass at Schweitzer but have held off because our condo financing is still not final. I've never had a season pass before so I'm excited by the idea.

Thanks for this tip, just signed up. Do yuo know if a season pass purchased this year for 09/10 will go towards it since it was bought beforre the boyne card? Will call them just curious. Surprising they do not tell you .

My pass is for mon-Fri so hopefully we can meet up sometime.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
jcb, I think you meant to quote post #39 and quoted 40 instead. No worries, I got the intent :smile: just had to read back a bit. Yes, you can credit prior purchases. Most will have an authorization number (or something to that effect) that needs to be entered online in order to receive Boyne Rewards point credits. Other purchases at the resorts are also eligible, so save any/all receipts. None adds up as fast, though (obviously) as the season pass purchase!

Weekdays are the best! My schedule is flexible - would love to hook up, let's stay in touch! :thumbsup:

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Skisailor - we definatly need to make a ski date. I will be at blue most friday nights and weekends when we arent somewhere else! I think that i will be doing some (if not all) the womens weekends at Elk this year - especially the Saturday one(s). Go up on Friday night, ski with clas son saturday and then ski with the boys on Sunday. We'll have to make plans as soon as ... oh yeah ... it starts to snow

Oh yeah . . . there would be that snow thing . . :D (of course they did get a little head start with that noreaster last weekend - too bad it was SO early . . )

Hooking up for a ski date sounds really great. And I wasn't aware there were "women's weekends" at Elk!

I'll look forward to planning something in the near future. . . . I'm assuming in the Meet on the Hill subforum?

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Meet on the hill sounds like a good place to post some plans.

Here is the info on womens day ... Women's Day. We bring the boys and make it a weekend :wink:

There are three planned for this year - Jan 9th, Feb 7th, and March 6th. Not sure i will be able to make the January one as I will be leaving for Jackson Hole on January 17th. On second thought, maybe its not too close :D

The last couple of times, i have been in the advanced group and found it really helpful. We work on stuff like advanced carving in the AM and then hit the bumps in the afternoon. My goal is to ski upper Tunk with "Style" this year. All in all, its a good day and the instructors are AWESOME.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This year I'm finally going to be part of the official Soli-Sunday crew. I'm getting a Sun/Mon pass at Solitude with the option of adding more days later. My new job may allow for more mid-week skiing this year (fingers crossed)!

Dlove - I'm glad your kids call it Sorrytude - more powder for me!

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maineskilady, sounds good. we will try to find a day time to ski. I have not skied alot with the newest ski technigue so not until I get a bit better okay? Not a black diamond skier by any means. Just like to make turns on the snow and be out in nature.

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rocky Mountain Super Pass (Copper/Winter Park w/ 6 days @ Steamboat) as usual, and a Loveland 4 pack

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna