• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2009-2010 Ski Passes

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Although I won't get up there until the last week of February, I bought an Okemo/Suanpee/Stratton weekday pass back in April.

And for the 2nd year, I bought the North Carolina Gold Pass in August, which includes all seven slopes in the state. And my usual ski buddy bought one, too this year, so we'll try to slip up to NC as much as we can this winter. These are only sold to the first 150 people each year. Three of the mountains I've never tried so I hope to at least try Wolf Laurel/Wolf Ridge this year.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Going up tomorrow for my pic for my Brighton pass---host pass---with transfer passes to DV and Canyons. And custom pass for Solitude (my kids call it sorrydude, but that's another story).

It's weird to think it's that time of year so soon, where did this year go? I'm freaking out, my ski gear is still stashed in the closet and I haven't even gotten around to defumigating my gators and my gloves etc. I'm still in biking mode, but it's raining and 50 degrees out.

weasy

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowing here in Park City for the 2nd time already....

If you come to the Canyons give us a shout :smile:

Louise

Going up tomorrow for my pic for my Brighton pass---host pass---with transfer passes to DV and Canyons. And custom pass for Solitude (my kids call it sorrydude, but that's another story).

It's weird to think it's that time of year so soon, where did this year go? I'm freaking out, my ski gear is still stashed in the closet and I haven't even gotten around to defumigating my gators and my gloves etc. I'm still in biking mode, but it's raining and 50 degrees out.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
will do, my transfer pass is good Mon-Thurs, so will wait for the right powder day and PM you. You can show me around and we can have Wendy (cinnabon) join us...I don't know Canyons at all----only skied there in the 70's when it was Park West.

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have Sunday River/SugarLoaf/Loon passes. 2 Adults, 1 kid, 1 freebie (still). Bought last spring for cheaper. Each gold adult pass also comes with 4 50% off vouchers, which is nice. Didn't get a pass at all for 13yo DD this year. Between 'pay your age' days, our 50% off passes and her lack of love for the sport last winter, decided it wasn't a good idea. Even when she did go, she'd bail after 90 mins and head for lodge, it was a waste.

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought DS a lesson pass so I can drop him off for a half-day or full-day and it is already paid. It will be mommy-time in the lodge watching all of the skiers this year. Maybe I can get an unlimited hot cocoa pass for the lodge?:laugh:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I went a bit overboard this year. :faint:

I already have the Rocky Mountain Super Pass (the one with the 6 days and free Fridays at Steamboat) for myself and the kids and full passes to Crystal Mountain here in MI. We will also be getting full passes to Caberfae Peaks here in MI in November sometime. :bag:

Heddious

Certified Ski Diva
I'm gonna order my season pass in a week or so, Serre Chevalier, France is this years plan.
Someone else from Yurp here?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have my Okemo midweek pass, which also gets me Stratton and Sunapee. This is the first year in a while that I've actually had to buy my pass, since I'm not working at the mountain this year.

tamlyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We decided on the New England pass. I got the second best so 2 weeks of blackouts but I will beraceing at other mountains those weeks anyway. The pass gets me Loon Mountain, Sugarloaf and Sunday River.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I have my Okemo midweek pass, which also gets me Stratton and Sunapee. This is the first year in a while that I've actually had to buy my pass, since I'm not working at the mountain this year.

Is that so you can promote your book? Is it time for us to order our signed copies? I'm soooo anxious to read it!

And, I hope we can meet up at Okemo after February 22...with my own skis rather than those crummy rentals...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Is that so you can promote your book? Is it time for us to order our signed copies? I'm soooo anxious to read it!

And, I hope we can meet up at Okemo after February 22...with my own skis rather than those crummy rentals...

Yeah, I'm hoping I'll be busy promoting the book.

It's too early to order signed copies, though they'll be available for order in early January from Northshire Books in Manchester, VT. I'll be sure to post details, when they're there.

C

CMCM

I bought two passes about last May or so, when there were deep discounts on both passes. One was a cheapie ($139) anytime pass at a resort closest to my home (40 min. drive), a place that opens a month or more earlier than all the others in our area. They make a lot of snow to beef up the early days when storms are sparse, and I can usually get in 12 to 15 warmup ski days before Squaw or most other places even open. Then I got a Squaw Valley mid-week pass to use whenever they open. For the first time ever, last May Squaw lowered their very exorbitant pass prices, and the very lowest prices were available for about a month in May, so I grabbed that one as quick as I could! Now all I need is lots of SNOW!

I love having a pass because I can ski a lot but never feel obligated to kill myself and ski my brains out on any one day just to "get my money's worth." I always tended to over-do it before I bought passes.

wpsally

Certified Ski Diva
I've got a dependent pass (spouse works for Winter Park), so I'll probably hit the pass office to pick it up on opening day. Our pass covers Winter Park, Copper, and Steamboat.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Got my Tremblant pass back in May when rates were the cheapest. I get a weekday pass only - I x-c ski on weekends. Unlike some centres, the weekday pass has no blackouts - good any weekday of the season, including Christmas, New Years, etc. And thanks to being a senior, it's a really good deal. I often think they don't make much money off of me: cheap pass, free coffees (as part of the pass), bring my sandwich. I really spend virtually nothing once I'm there.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We renewed our Crystal passes back in March. I was thrilled that they applied $100 of last year's pass to this year's due to my injury in January! I should be able to go get my pic and pick up my pass on Saturday at the ski swap.

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Paid for ours last year at Blue Mountain in PA. Yeah its crummy, short, and icy ... but its a fix. We are trying to get a few vt/maine trips in this year and are looking at potentially 2 big trips out with friends along with the annual "girls weekends" at Elk (PA). :D

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have never had a season Pass but this year I got one for Sunday River, Sugar Loaf and Loon. Was so convenient how they made it possible to get it in the Spring with three payments over the Summer.

So I am thrilled!! :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Have never had a season Pass but this year I got one for Sunday River, Sugar Loaf and Loon. Was so convenient how they made it possible to get it in the Spring with three payments over the Summer.

So I am thrilled!! :smile:

Jcb, hope we can hook up! Don't forget to get a Boyne Rewards Card (apply online) so you can start accumulating points to use toward future season passes! DH an I managed a $200 discount via voucher last April, and because of early renewal already were saving $100 per pass. The points do eventually add up!

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm planning to get a Sunday-Friday pass at Schweitzer but have held off because our condo financing is still not final. I've never had a season pass before so I'm excited by the idea.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna