• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. toughgirl

Any older "new" skiers out there?

hi ladies I haven't posted in awhile since finding out I was pregnant. Decided to pop over and see what everyone was chatting about. I learned to ski w/school club in 7th grade. I enjoyed the club for 7th & 8th grade but then just stopped. So I had to relearn everything in my 30's and took...
  2. toughgirl

Prego

thanks all.. Prego is italian sauce and an italian word. But it's also the nickname all my friends call me at the moment. Yuck... morning sickness is the worst.
  3. toughgirl

Prego

Hehe.. you are a determined woman aren't you. Thanks for advice. I tend to beat to my own drum too. Thanks for the support ladies...:grouphug:
  4. toughgirl

Prego

yeh since i'm in southern NJ .. i usually don't get to skiing into February. So i'll be like be 6months by then. Plus I don't think the doc will let me b/c I seem to be spotting through the first trimester. Plus this is my first prego so I'm gonna be super nervous.
  5. toughgirl

Prego

So I have not posted since last ski season. Was getting all excited about the cool weather AND I find out i'm 6weeks and some change pregnant. LOL .. no ski season for me. Guess i'll have to spa it up this winter.
  6. toughgirl

New travel restrictions

Who says I don't fly regularly. I guess i'm just the odd man out.. but I don't mind all the extra stuff if It makes me feel safer, whether its a false sense of security or not. Just how i feel.
  7. toughgirl

New travel restrictions

I'd rather all the extra stuff if it keeps me from blowing up in the air
  8. toughgirl

equipment questions

I'm 5'2 and about 140lbs at the moment :P .. I love the K2 one luv's
  9. toughgirl

Getting Fit

I've lost 5lbs playing ice hockey once a week from Sept to just last Sunday.. Not bad :) .. now I hope it applies to the mountain. Only issue is my DH broke his foot last game :(
  10. toughgirl

Lift Ticket Arrest

Yes I am one of those that wants to borrow... LOL.. I'll admit it :jealous:
  11. toughgirl

Lift Ticket Arrest

I don't have a resort...LOL. I live in NJ so I've never had season pass for any where.
  12. toughgirl

Lift Ticket Arrest

I honestly think it's stupid that you can't let a friend borrow your ski pass if you aren't going for the day... but I guess i'm the minority
  13. toughgirl

Getting Fit

I have been playing ice hockey :P
  14. toughgirl

Bad Knees

I have bad knees and my doctors and PT have always said you need to strengthen your thigh (quads) to compensate for the knee.
  15. toughgirl

When you've got the Blues...

Any Tori Amos Album.. as loud as I can make it.
  16. toughgirl

I played Ice Hockey

Go for it! We are gonna start a co-ed team and I get to play w/my hubby and brother :thumbsup:
  17. toughgirl

I played Ice Hockey

Yeh it was awesome. They extended the first day clinic to 3 hours long. My muscles are killing me
  18. toughgirl

I played Ice Hockey

This is me at a "learn to play hockey clinic." Was so much fun and a bunch of girls are looking to start a female league.
  19. toughgirl

Favorite Vacation Spot

I went to Colombia for a friends wedding and it was the greatest experience. Other places: Amsterdam, Glacier National Park, and my regular trips is camping in White Mountains in New Hampshire.
  20. toughgirl

Any Hockey fans out there?

I was laughging reading your comments b/c my hubby too started playing again. He's now on TWO leagues. Plus he found that a bunch a girls are starting up a girl league and he's had me at public skate teaching me crossovers and other techniques. :ROTF: