• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When you've got the Blues...

geargrrl

Angel Diva
either due to PMS, "issues", just woke up that way.... what do you listen to? At as loud as you can get away with of course...
I'm lucky in that I can listen to what I want all day long in my workroom.

I tend to choose one or more of the following ( and I know some of it shows my age)

Jem - Finally Woken
Christina Aquilera - Stripped
Indigo Girls - Indigo Girls
Tapestry Revisited ( Carole King Tribute Album)
Return of the Grievous Angel ( Gram Parsons Tribute album)
Dixie Chicks

What's on your list?

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Good question!

Indigo Girls' "Closer to Fine" track - a good happy-go-lucky mantra.
Dixie Chicks - they too pick me up
B-52's - silly fun
Bruce Springsteen

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
[youtube]xEkEhDm2les[/youtube]

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
[youtube]j2jKVJ93Dro[/youtube]

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
showing YOUR age? HAHA

I listen to:
James Taylor
George Benson
Stevie Ray Vaughan
John Denver (cheapo cassettes from thrift shop)
Blues Traveler
and...
who else knows...
The Joey Leone Trio <-- anyone?? anyone at all? Bueller?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anything angry with a hard beat:
Tantric, Trapt, Cold, Hinder....

Ocassionally something a little calmer like Incubus, Collective Soul, or Matchbox 20. And Never Give Up by Common Sense and More Than Fine by Switchfoot always bring a smile to my face.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My go-tos are usually Incubus, The Used, and NIN when I want to just put the Ipod on one artist and immerse myself. Matisyahu and Pepper always make me happy.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
The Who...especially Who's Next and Tommy...must be loud! (now who's showing her age???!!!):dance:

JoySki

Certified Ski Diva
I usually listen to some Snow Patrol, Regina Spektor or Youth Group (aussie band) - all of them have some great reflective music.

Alternatively, I play some classical music myself, because I get completely immersed when I'm practising one of my instruments and I forget everything else, at least temporarily. Great therapy!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm almost embarrassed to admit to what cheers me up, it's all so ancient. But I'd have to say Motown (just about anything, but most particularly The Four Tops and Marvin Gaye), the Beach Boys, and early Springsteen (baby, we were born to run!!!!!).

Man, am I old!

(Oh, Great Big Sea, too. They're a little more recent!)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The Who...especially Who's Next and Tommy...must be loud! (now who's showing her age???!!!):dance:
Who's Next - arguably one of the best studio albums ever (of the genre/time). Hey---some stuff transcends generations. When requested what song to "go to sleep to" for ACL surgery, my son (25 at the time) requested "Teenage Wasteland." :smile:

Currently listening on radio to all remastered Beatles albums on CD, first day of release is today, can't believe how totally upbeat and fun so much of it is - I am :becky: at the sound of stuff like "Good Day Sunshine." (no wonder we all loved it, those of us who remember, way back when we were lucky enough to hear it for the very first time :thumbsup:)

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My go to music is Nina Simone, Tom Waits and my favourite Moody Blues Album - Days of future passed.

I may not be old, but my music taste sure is...

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll go with:
Dixie Chicks
The big Springsteen hits
The Who - Who's Next. An all-time fave
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds and All Summer Long
my co-workers at PCMR this summer have also got me into:
Soundtrack from Mamma Mia
Jack Johnson
Black Eyed Peas

Latest posts