• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Prego

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I have not posted since last ski season. Was getting all excited about the cool weather AND I find out i'm 6weeks and some change pregnant. LOL .. no ski season for me. Guess i'll have to spa it up this winter.

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I have not posted since last ski season. Was getting all excited about the cool weather AND I find out i'm 6weeks and some change pregnant. LOL .. no ski season for me. Guess i'll have to spa it up this winter.

Congrats!

But why no ski season? You should get in a few months before you give it up. I learned the best time to have a baby is August. I conceived in Dec, gave up skiing in April and was back on slopes by Nov. Didn't miss much at all. The only time I noticed my pregnancy was toward when I was bump skiing in spring snow - felt it in my abs. But if I hung on cruisers all the time, it'd have been no problem.

Any my little guy who was in in-utero started skiing at 2yo, is just 5yo and this will be his 4th year on skis. Can ski black diamonds and has complete control of himself. Think those early turns really helped ;)

SconieSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Congratulations! I'll be curious to see what you end up doing in regards to skiing - no kids yet for me, but I'm not sure if I would want to ski prego, or just try and plan the whole thing around the season. I'm liking your spa idea though :smile:

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
congrats! That is exciting news. There still may be a chance to get a few December or January runs in - weather cooperating!

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yeh since i'm in southern NJ .. i usually don't get to skiing into February. So i'll be like be 6months by then. Plus I don't think the doc will let me b/c I seem to be spotting through the first trimester.
Plus this is my first prego so I'm gonna be super nervous.

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations! I had a ski season baby (gave birth end of April) and she was worth being sidelined for a season. This is such an exciting time for you and I hope you enjoy every minute!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats and best wishes! Totally worth losing a ski season for that--I've been there!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Congratulations! :smile:
Do what is right for YOU, as determined between you and your doctor, and don't concern yourself with what anyone else might or might not do or have done.
Be happy and healthy!

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do what is right for YOU, as determined between you and your doctor, and don't concern yourself with what anyone else might or might not do or have done.
Be happy and healthy!

Hehe.. you are a determined woman aren't you. Thanks for advice. I tend to beat to my own drum too.

Thanks for the support ladies...:grouphug:

RuthB

Angel Diva
Be happy and healthy!

I second this - not just for the skiing, it's amazing how much "advice" you get once you have a child.

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks all.. Prego is italian sauce and an italian word. But it's also the nickname all my friends call me at the moment. Yuck... morning sickness is the worst.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga