• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ZipFit Gripe

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've praised ZipFit liners on this site more than once, and they do give me the best fit I've had in a boot since I began trying on and buying boots (which has been all of 2 years, so don't assume broadly-informed wisdom on my part).

BUT

The fit isn't perfect; my feet are very narrow and low-volume, and I find that I need more of the cork filling in each liner to take up a bit of space. (A narrower last than what I have would put me in race boots, but I'm not a good enough skier to handle their stiff flex). ZipFit advertises on the promise that one can always add more filling to really dial in the fit.

Alas, however, the cork filler appears to be available nowhere. I've made phone calls, scoured the web, lurked around ski forums, and: nothing. I can't get my hands on any of the tubes of fit material.

So I find myself wondering if it was worth the expense to buy these liners. Would a foam-injected liner work as well? Sure, ZipFits are extremely durable, but if I can't adjust the fit to suit my feet, then longevity is the least of my problems.

Such great liners, and yet such a terrible, terrible distribution chain and really awful customer service.

End rant!

Thank you for reading!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
People buy used zipfits online in order to get more "omfit" cork goo.
The shop that installed them should have some extra as well, since they add the goo all the time.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
People buy used zipfits online in order to get more "omfit" cork goo.
The shop that installed them should have some extra as well, since they add the goo all the time.

Good lord, I'm not paying $15o to get filler that costs $20 per tube.
You'd be surprised at how many ZipFit dealers themselves have trouble getting their hands on the cork filler. I called one shop in Ketchum the other day (they are a dealer) and they laughed when I asked if the had it in stock. Told me I should research other options for filling the liner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga