• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My, oh my what a wonderful day...(I'll wait for the plenty of sunshine part. Right now, I'll stick with the blizzard!)

Okay guys, this was my first day on skis in TWO YEARS. I'll spare you the details (including broken bones) but my, oh my did it feel GREAT!

We had a blast...Mom Nature did her job last night and gave us a good dumping and continued on during the day.

In the words of Gershwin, "who could ask for anything more?"

:ski2: :yahoo:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Two years, wow. Glad you got out there! How many runs are open?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So how much snow did Telluride get, anyway? I heard they were expecting 3-4 feet!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I totally understand the feeling. Glad you had a great day back on the slopes. I hope you did not break any bones!!!

I started off in a grumpy mood, but went up to this place called Tony Grove near to Logan, UT, and did some skinning and skiing. My Goodness there was way more snow than I expected. I did hit a few rocks, but my skinning has vastly improved thanks to some proper gear!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So how much snow did Telluride get, anyway? I heard they were expecting 3-4 feet!

We would have gotten that much, but it was just too dang warm yesterday. It rained (even at 10K feet) until about 9 o'clock last night, then we had a lull, and then...it started to dump. Ah...all day today and most of tonight, they say. It's a beautiful thing. And OMG, the snow was really good, except down near the base of Chair 4, where it was a little icy. They're opening A LOT more terrain tomorrow, including my 'big view, long blue' favorite...See Forever. I'm skiing all day tomorrow, and Monday...and once we get enough snow I can ski into town, which means I can ski to work!

NO broken bones this year! :thumbsup:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats!!! I understand how it feels to get back out after a long absence. Sounds like you had beautiful conditions, in spite of the rain previously!

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:yahoo: What a great way to get back on your boards. And skiing to work!!!!
Jen

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skinning???????

Kano

Ah, so maybe I am using the wrong word, my husband and I went hiking in our skis with skins on our skis instead of bootpacking up the hill.

We really did not hike very high, maybe 500 ft. However, I don't have any avy-gear, so until I get that and I feel more comfortable with my skills, I don't think I will be hiking much higher than that!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, so maybe I am using the wrong word, my husband and I went hiking in our skis with skins on our skis instead of bootpacking up the hill.

not necessarily, Sheena! never heard of "skinning" before, except as it relates to taking the skin off dead things. I'm a newbier newbie than I thought, doncha know!

Kano

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

QUOTE]

durrr, I still don't get it...skins on your skis? what's that mean?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
durrr, I still don't get it...skins on your skis? what's that mean?

Skins are a material that is attached to the bottom of your skis so that you can wear them on your feet while hiking uphill without sliding back down. Here's a pic:

BLD0786.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga