• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your official '06-'07 ski breakdown thread

How many days did you ski (or will you ski) in '06-'07?

• 0-10 days

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 11-20 days

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 21-30 days

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 31-40 days

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 41-55

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 56+

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you are done with your season. And some of you will be, soon enough. So how'd your season shape up? How many days did you get in? Was this more or less than past years? And how would you characterize your season? Good, great, stupendous?

I skied 51 days -- not bad considering the lousy start here in New England, and a personal record. And though conditions could've been better, I had a terrific time, especially considering all the Divas I managed to meet!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got 62 days in. I broke my record of 50 days.

Last week the conditions were some of the best at Copper. Vail and Breck are open this week but I think I'm done with skiing, it's time to turn my attention to Ride the Rockies training.

Kathi

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Really wanted to get out more this season, but alas it just wasn't meant to happen for so many reasons apparently. But I suppose I should be happy to say I enjoyed myself very much the times I got out and did accomplish things despite the small window.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
28 -- we've been at 28 for 2 years now. If this early season had been better we'd have easily broken 30... by MLK this year we only had 5 or 7 days under our belts. So I guess 20+ days from mid-Jan to mid-April is pretty good, considering we're part of the "weekends & holidays only" crowd. :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
47 Ski Days here. I started to keep track, then slipped a bit but looking back at the calendar, I can actually recall most every day.:D
Hard to forget a great day on the hill!!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was looking at the high percentage of Ski Divas who post here on a regular basis and I thought of the signature that Doublediamond223 has on EpicSki.
He Quoted Lola's husband Phil, from where I don't know, but the quote describes the SkiDivas, as well as the Bears. Thanks DD223 for bringing it to my attention

Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese
We are skiing geeks here. We love skiing, we live for it...sorry to say, for 99% of the people out there it is just an "activity". We are the 1%'ers, the (skiing) lunatic fringe. Live with it

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are weekend & holiday only skiers, so "only" 28 days for us! These were all days of 4 hours or more, though, so definitely quality over quantity. And it beats last year's paltry 9 days of skiing. (Selling a house and moving cross country during the winter will really mess with a ski season).

A great year as far as my progress goes. I'd say I went from a level 6 at the beginning to a level 8 at the end...
(I just hope I don't start the season at level 6 again, after being off all summer! :p )

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stupendous. I enjoyed every single second of skiing.

(Except maybe that one second I spent skiing over a rock. I have to get my bases repaired now.)

One day in January, I had a personal best of 32 runs, 45,000 vertical feet. It was great.

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A great year as far as my progress goes. I'd say I went from a level 6 at the beginning to a level 8 at the end...
(I just hope I don't start the season at level 6 again, after being off all summer! :p )

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I found that after my first season skiing my first day out the second season was rough - I felt like I'd forgotten everything! However this year (my third season) I seemed to remember everything almost instantaneously during my first run. Just make sure your first run out next year is something reasonable so you have time for that first 2-5 minutes of your body going "and we're doing what?!" and I bet you'll be just fine.

I will definitely favor quality over quantity. Got out far too few times but those times were big in progress for me. I think I'm genuinely a level 7 now. Next year we'll push that up!

abc

Banned
My season isn't exactly "done" yet. Since my next 2 weekends are still in flux and much of VT is still open...

I didn't count the exact days I skied. But it's definitely more than last season, which stood at the absolute minimum of 1 day! There were years I didn't ski at all so I don't count those. ;)

I'm quite pleasently surprised that after 5 years of really not skiing (maybe 3 days total?), I came back pretty well. The fact I didn't loss too much fitness definitely helped. I was all over the mountain before I quit 5 years ago, though sometimes not always with 100% control. By the end of this season, I was able to be all over the mountain again, with lots more control even in difficult conditions.

I credit my improvement mostly on instructions. I hadn't taken any classes for quite some time until this year, which I took quite a few, group and private. I also had the luck to hit some powder, which I never had experience on. That expanded my world a great deal.

This has been an epic year for me, primarily due to the few days in Switzerland when a storm dumped nearly a meter (3') of that fluffy white stuff when not many skiers were around...

Marigee

Angel Diva
I skied 23 days. Last year I had 18. Next year I am aiming for 30+. The ski season in the Mid-Atlantic was very short this year, so I didn't get in many local days.

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
24 days for me this year. We didn't gwt out here in the MW this winter or it could have been alittle higher. But it was much better than the last 2 years. 13 in 2005 due to broken ankle & 21 in 2006. I get the most days of skking taking 3 1 week vacations.

Jilly

Staff member
47 days total. 44 at Tremblant and 3 days at the local bump teaching. That's a good year, last year was 50 days. Looking forward to summer - boats, inlining and dragon boats. Next year is already in the works. New boots on order, condo rental downpayment made and plans for the next instructor level course in the works too. So it's off to the gym for the summer and some sun on the beach!

Jumpymostly

Diva in Training
I've been trying to get in two trips out west for several years, and this year I finally did it! 5 days at Aspen and 4 days at Steamboat! This could be addicting...

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
21 days.....I am so jealous of you guys who have easier access! I was lucky to be able to ski almost every week-end on Saturdays (not December..no snow). I long for a longer ski season...maybe next year.............

26 days, 13 mid-week. I skiied Stratton mid-week, Berkshire East on weekends, 4 days at Big Sky, and 2 days at Smuggler's. Oh yeah, and 2 days at Killington early season 'cause they were only resort with snow.

Next winter my goal is 30 days. If the season starts on time here in the Northeast and lasts as long as it did this season, I should be able to do it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga