• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your Oddest Airplane Seatmate

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No interesting seat partners that I can recall.

I don't get nervous or sick flying, I actually find it fascinating. The actual act of flying. Travel though is a royal pain in the butt. Especially with ski gear and double especially going into another country.
Having been in the Army I've gotten a few helicopter rides too. Those were fun ... Until the pilot wants to have fun and do sudden movements that makes your stomach drop.As long as I had a view of the outside I was fine. There was one particular C130 ride while in Iraq where there were a whole bunch of us seated in a row next to each other with nothing to look at but the wall. The pilot dropped altitude suddenly and I almost blew chunks.
A fun training helicopter ride in a Blackhawk involved racing through the hills of Oklahoma banking this way and that. I had the seat closest to the door and it was a blast. The girl seated across from me was was actually green in the face. She didn't puke thankfully but she was miserable and we were all nervous that she was going to.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No interesting seat partners that I can recall.

I don't get nervous or sick flying, I actually find it fascinating. The actual act of flying. Travel though is a royal pain in the butt. Especially with ski gear and double especially going into another country.
Having been in the Army I've gotten a few helicopter rides too. Those were fun ... Until the pilot wants to have fun and do sudden movements that makes your stomach drop.As long as I had a view of the outside I was fine. There was one particular C130 ride while in Iraq where there were a whole bunch of us seated in a row next to each other with nothing to look at but the wall. The pilot dropped altitude suddenly and I almost blew chunks.
A fun training helicopter ride in a Blackhawk involved racing through the hills of Oklahoma banking this way and that. I had the seat closest to the door and it was a blast. The girl seated across from me was was actually green in the face. She didn't puke thankfully but she was miserable and we were all nervous that she was going to.
My brother was a combat search and rescue pilot who flew Blackhawks for the Air Force. He has some stories! :laughter:

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not a weird seat mate, but one time I sat next to Bob Costas (that NBC sports host) flying to Boston from somewhere I can't recall.
Another time, I had a 20 second conversation with Paris Hilton. BOS to LAX--she was in the row behind me and she made idle conversation with me as we were passing at the restroom about how long these cross country flights always seem.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Amie H , I just recalled something else about that flight --- the head flight attendant was married to the pilot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga