• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your favorite training move?

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What are your favorite "unique" training moves? I'm always looking for new and different stuff. My new favorite is doing tricep kickbacks with dumbbells from a pushup/plank position. I also LOVE doing pushups on gymnastics rings (lower them to the floor of course). "typewriter" pushups are great too - shift your body weight over one arm each time you do a pushup. So it's basically a series of (mostly) one-armed pushups.

What are your favorite or "signature" moves in the gym?

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My favorite training move is the 1 legged squat. I back up to a bench and step forward about 3.5 foot lengths. Place 1 foot on the bench and do the squat. 12 reps on each leg for 3 sets. You can add light weights once you get your balance and endurance built up. I spend my summers competing in waterskiing and my legs are not symetrical from the stance on a waterski, so most of my weight training is 1 leg exersizes to balance them out in the off season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga