• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Year-Round Skiing in Oregon!!!!

C

CMCM

I just read that the Mt. Hood ski area in Oregon has skiing all year around!!!! I guess all the racing teams train there. Anyhow, if you google Mt. Hood ski area and check out the site, they have 3 videos taken down some trails there.

They supposedly have the place going all year, only closing for a couple of weeks in September for maintenance.

Has anyone been there? :thumbsup:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My dad ran the race camps there in the late 70s and early 80s so I was there when I was quite young. Many of the racers from our team will attend at least 1 training there this summer.

climber.girl1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're willing to hike for it, you can ski year-round in Utah, as well! :ski2:

But... I haven't been to Mt. Hood.

Christy

Angel Diva
I've wondered about this...I know they HAVE summer skiing but is it any good? I backpack here in the NW Cascades all summer and it just doesn't snow July-mid September. I have read the area closes each day at 1:30 pm because the snow gets so soft.

Edited to add that I just read Rachel's linked post and she liked it. So I guess that answers my question (though it seems so weird that it could not snow for so long and still be good conditions!).

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's not great, in terms of skiing, but its still snow. And you are still on skis. Super fast, wear a t-shirt days. I've never skiied there in the summer, but I ski Meadows now, and I've talked to people about it.

Break out the bikini!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga