• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

x-socks???

abc

Banned
Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Anyone know anything about "x-socks"?

I was browsing the sale section of backcountry.com and these sock are "on sale" for $35!!!

There's a lengthy writing on how good they are (by the manufacturer). But still, it's either the best thing since sliced bread, or a totally over-priced rip-off, right?

Any experience, first or second hand?

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair, I can't say that they're a lot better than my others. But I would say that they are my second favourite pair of ski socks.

I like them better than my Smartwool, but not as much as my Salomon's. The Salomon socks are really thin at the foot and have a good cushion on the shin. The X socks are similar, thin foot, thicker shin.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair, but I agree with bravosarah, good socks, but not outstandingly better than all my others, smartwools and Bridgedales etc. Socks are a really personal thing I think, you just have to find what works best for you.

One of the x-socks claims is true though - they just don't smell at all. I would never make a habit of wearing socks for more than one day, but we did find ourselves short of clean laundry in France, and I reached for the x-socks, still fresh.

I'd pay $35 for them, that doesn't sound excessive, and they will last for years.

abc

Banned
I'd pay $35 for them, that doesn't sound excessive, and they will last for years.
It's not the amount, it's the "relative" price.

With Smartwool and Salomon at ~$20/pair. The x-socks has to be twice as good to worth the money.

But you're right, Shellski, if that's the only socks that works, it's worth the money. Though I'd try out a few different other brand before I'd touch them! :smile:

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, it's relative - and that's about half what I paid for mine!

I know, I'm a sucker for new technology..

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had Christmas camp everyday this past week. I was pretty tired by the 3rd or 4th day and forgot to change socks one morning. I ended up at the hill with a pair of furry shiny socks that I had gotten for Christmas on. I ened up skiing in them ( cold, windy and snowy all week ) and I found them to be the warmest socks I ever skied in. For the first day in several, my toes did not get cold. I think it is because of the airspace they left between them and the liners. I got a couple of pairs and continued to wear them the rest of the week. Who'd a thunk?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga