• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: worth to spend 4-day skiing LL/Sunshine from Washington DC?

alison wong

Angel Diva
Hi, I am interested to know if it is worth to fly from DC to Lake Louise, Sunshine village for 4-day skiing next Feb. in President's week? I plan to stay 5 nights/4 days. I've been reading the thread for this discussion and I am not familiar with any of the ski places mentioned here. I have limited vacation time and $$ is a factor also.

There is an early bird sale with big ski 3 for $240 for 4 days skiing and I have been debating if I shall purchase it? I am a adv. beginner (at best) and am interested to venture out of east coast skiing. I've been skiing at Killington VT, Snowshoe, WV and PA ski places.

Jilly

Staff member
GO!!. I'll let the Alberta Diva's give the best advice. But the skiing is wonderful and with about 25% on your $ worth it.

mustski

Angel Diva
As a beginner, there will be limited terrain but, if you go as much for the vibe as the skiing, then it will be totally worth it.

DanniAB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the more conservative skiier, I say Sunshine is a great choice. There are tons of green & blue runs to choose from. Lots of them are tons of fun too with interesting terrain features & great views.
Even the blue runs are quite sedate compared to Lake Louise's blue runs.

Lake Louise green areas are very limited. Unless you're comfortable with steeper stuff, I'd highly suggest skipping Lake Louise altogether - The blue runs at Lake Louise are like black runs at Sunshine Village.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna