• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

WOOO HOOOO: Nordica Hell's Belles!

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@mustski, that is exactly what I was thinking. Won't leave the store until I have a good click.

Need to have her try on her ski boots to see if they still fit first, otherwise I will first get her new boots.

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the marker squire bindings from two or three years ago. The plus is that they're very light in weight. I haven't had any issues, but I do think the low height on them makes it difficult to clip in if you have snow on your boots. The Salomon Z10 Ti is much easier, and not much heavier in weight.

If they are included in the ski package, I'd give them a try. Glad you went with the Wild Belle, I think she'll really enjoy them.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
badger said:
I believe Pequenita @ under a 100# has the Hell's Bells, or has used them and mentioned they were great!

Yes...I demoed the Hells Belles 2 seasons ago and loved them. I'm certain I demoed the 153 (or whatever 150s length the ski comes in). I'm 5' and usually around 97lbs, so I think I'm likely more compactly built than Heidi's DD, and lower center of gravity/less leggy. But, I've a lot more mileage on skis. I haven't tried the wild belles.

I think buying skis for people who are still growing is tough!

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now, I have an update. I found a pair of 2nd hand ski's 120 EUR. The Salomon Threats 2012, 161 cm They have been skied on two weeks, so still in good shape. This is a junior ski, even thought it seems it is meant for boys... but compared to the Wild Belles at 400 EUR oops

It fits my budget better, and if I can afford the other in a few months, I can get 120 out of the Salomon Threats...although it seems I'm better at buying ski's than selling ski's... but I'll do my best.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/salomon-threat-2012.aspx

salomon-threat-skis-2012-141.jpg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes...I demoed the Hells Belles 2 seasons ago and loved them. I'm certain I demoed the 153 (or whatever 150s length the ski comes in). I'm 5' and usually around 97lbs, so I think I'm likely more compactly built than Heidi's DD, and lower center of gravity/less leggy. But, I've a lot more mileage on skis. I haven't tried the wild belles.

I think buying skis for people who are still growing is tough!
So, you're my size….. I'm curious - what do you ski on? I have Volkl Kenja's 153 from 3 years ago (non rocketed) and ski mostly the Sierras with occasional trips to ski in colorado, utah, canada, and europe… I am in the market for new skis…. maybe wider. Tried the Blizzard Samba last season in 152 and thought they were a blast….

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, you're my size….. I'm curious - what do you ski on? I have Volkl Kenja's 153 from 3 years ago (non rocketed) and ski mostly the Sierras with occasional trips to ski in colorado, utah, canada, and europe… I am in the market for new skis…. maybe wider. Tried the Blizzard Samba last season in 152 and thought they were a blast….

@santacruz skier, for resort, I've the 2012-13 (the one with the clouds) Kenja 156 and a ridiculously (read: unnecessarily) fat 2011-12 Line Pandora 152 that I have used way less frequently than expected. I was full-time in Squaw for a month two years ago, and sadly it was a dry season. I've tried the Samba, but at too long a length, but I can see how it would be a fun ski if I didn't have to work so hard!

JaneB

PSIA 1 Instructor, Killington
'Anyone demo the Nordica Wild Belles along with the Blizzard Black Pearls? I have the BPs and love the. Saw some Wild Belles for a good price (2014). I am also petite; 103#, 5, advanced.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
'Anyone demo the Nordica Wild Belles along with the Blizzard Black Pearls? I have the BPs and love the. Saw some Wild Belles for a good price (2014). I am also petite; 103#, 5, advanced.
Yes - in fact the 2014 model - and totally loved it. I have demo'd the 2012 Bushwacker, 2011 Black Pearl 173, own the 166 Black Pearl. I like the Black Pearls. I'm not in love. They do the job. In all honesty, if I could do an even, across-the-board swap, I'd take the 2014 WB over the BP (I have the original orange-eye bull version, construction subsequent to that year is unchanged). WB was my pick of demo last year for all-mountain. Stats, 5'6 118#, low advanced (plus...old...<sigh>).

ETA: Wild Belle demo length was 162

linesout

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Hey JaneB, I'm in love with my 2014 Wild Belles (154) - I'm 5'0 and 105 lbs. But I demoed a bunch of skis and they were by far the ones that clicked for me best - just hit a sweet spot for my skiing style or something. They have been amazing in holding an edge and stable at speed, and I surprisingly preferred them even out in Steamboat on days with plenty of snow, even moreso than the Hell's Belles, which you'd think would be better for those conditions.

I guess demoing last year's model would be hard...maybe you can borrow mine for a run some time haha.

LauraVa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I own the Black Pearls and demoed the Wild Belles. I like the Black Pearl in softer snow, but not in heavy crud or on very hard snow/icy conditions. Of the two, here in the Mid Atlantic, I'd take the Wild Belle for a one ski quiver. And if I had to choose between my Belle to Belles and the WB for a one ski quiver, I'd take the Wild Belle. In other words, I liked them a lot. BTW, I'm 5'4"' and 150ish, and demoed the WB 162.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed this year's Wild Belles and the Black Pearl back to back. I liked the Wild Belles better, they turned very well in the bumps. Conditions were packed powder, no chance to try them in powder or trees. The Black Pearls seemed very fast and stable but I thought they were too much ski for me. The Wild Belles were my 3rd choice after the Rossi Saffron and the Temptation 88. I already have the original 88 so bought the Saffron. It really brought a smile to my face. I'm 5'2 and 95lbs.

I understand the Wild Belles were changed for 2015.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I demoed this year's Wild Belles and the Black Pearl back to back. I liked the Wild Belles better, they turned very well in the bumps. Conditions were packed powder, no chance to try them in powder or trees. The Black Pearls seemed very fast and stable but I thought they were too much ski for me. The Wild Belles were my 3rd choice after the Rossi Saffron and the Temptation 88. I already have the original 88 so bought the Saffron. It really brought a smile to my face. I'm 5'2 and 95lbs.

I understand the Wild Belles were changed for 2015.
I love hearing from all the petite divas because, in many cases, size really makes a difference. Of course, experience and ability play into this as well. I really wanted to try the Rossi Savory 7 but the shortest ski is 162 cm. I still may demo them but was told they probably would be a tad long for me (5'1 102 ish)…. Wow, everyone really loves the Wild Belles - sounds like more of a groomers ski? As said earlier, I did try the Blizzard Samba 152 for three days in Tahoe last season (and it even snowed one of the three) and thought they were fun and snappy…. On older Volka Kenja 149 (previously i said they were 153) but really 149..

marzNC

Angel Diva
Another petite skier (5'0", 120 lbs) here. I gave the Wild Belle a try at a demo day at a small mountain that only has short groomers. In comparison to my BPs (159cm) the WB at 154cm was fine but I wasn't overwhelmed. But I was looking for all-mountain to use out west probably 75% of the time, not something for Mid-A or northeast conditions. I liked the Temptation 82 at 152cm better.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love hearing from all the petite divas because, in many cases, size really makes a difference. Of course, experience and ability play into this as well. I really wanted to try the Rossi Savory 7 but the shortest ski is 162 cm. I still may demo them but was told they probably would be a tad long for me (5'1 102 ish)…. Wow, everyone really loves the Wild Belles - sounds like more of a groomers ski? As said earlier, I did try the Blizzard Samba 152 for three days in Tahoe last season (and it even snowed one of the three) and thought they were fun and snappy…. On older Volka Kenja 149 (previously i said they were 153) but really 149..
I have the Savory 7 in a 162 length. It's a blast in powder and soft snow, I got to ski it a lot last season. However, I don't like it on groomed. The Saffron is a totally different ski. Like the Savory the Saffron is playful but is great on the groomers. Both skis are 162 length but because of their rockered tip and tail they ski short.

I thought the Wild Belle felt more like a groomer ski but it was very easy to turn in bumps.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have the Savory 7 in a 162 length. It's a blast in powder and soft snow, I got to ski it a lot last season. However, I don't like it on groomed. The Saffron is a totally different ski. Like the Savory the Saffron is playful but is great on the groomers. Both skis are 162 length but because of their rockered tip and tail they ski short.

I thought the Wild Belle felt more like a groomer ski but it was very easy to turn in bumps.
So you do have the Savory 7? Now I really want to try it… You like the Saffron better because more of an all mountain ski? I did hear the "7" series will ski short, but this is great to hear as you are pretty close to my size. I consider myself advanced (mostly because i have been skiing 35 + years) and ski a variety of terrain. However, I'm not young any more…..so nothing too steep or gnarly or daring….. I have bone density issues (as most petite women eventually do) and need to be careful!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So you do have the Savory 7? Now I really want to try it… You like the Saffron better because more of an all mountain ski? I did hear the "7" series will ski short, but this is great to hear as you are pretty close to my size. I consider myself advanced (mostly because i have been skiing 35 + years) and ski a variety of terrain. However, I'm not young any more…..so nothing too steep or gnarly or daring….. I have bone density issues (as most petite women eventually do) and need to be careful!
I like them both but yes, the Saffron is more all mountain. The Saffron was a huge surprise as I expected it would be a copy of the Savory. I too am older and ski a variety of terrain. I'm hoping my Saffron will become my everyday ski as my Temptation 88 is on it's 4th season. Also, I'm talking about this year's Saffron with the pink topsheet. Last years model had a different core and isn't the same ski. Rossi redesigned it this year. I'm hoping to get mine this weekend so I can try it at Vail next week if conditions are good enough. I also like the air tip on the Rossi's. The design makes the swing weight of the ski easy to turn. The Temptation is a good ski too but if you like the Kenja's you may not like the Temptations as they have a deeper sidecut.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I like them both but yes, the Saffron is more all mountain. The Saffron was a huge surprise as I expected it would be a copy of the Savory. I too am older and ski a variety of terrain. I'm hoping my Saffron will become my everyday ski as my Temptation 88 is on it's 4th season. Also, I'm talking about this year's Saffron with the pink topsheet. Last years model had a different core and isn't the same ski. Rossi redesigned it this year. I'm hoping to get mine this weekend so I can try it at Vail next week if conditions are good enough. I also like the air tip on the Rossi's. The design makes the swing weight of the ski easy to turn. The Temptation is a good ski too but if you like the Kenja's you may not like the Temptations as they have a deeper sidecut.
I can't wait to hear about your Saffron…..

iamOshawott

Certified Ski Diva

I am also considering the Saffron but Temptation 88 is also on my list, I own the 78. Another petite skier reporting in (5"2 and 95lbs), not sure if the Saffron is going to be a tad long though, my 78 is only a 150cm. >.<

I will demo the 88 and the Saffron in about 10 days so let's see how it goes. Keep me updated on your Saffron!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am also considering the Saffron but Temptation 88 is also on my list, I own the 78. Another petite skier reporting in (5"2 and 95lbs), not sure if the Saffron is going to be a tad long though, my 78 is only a 150cm. >.<

I will demo the 88 and the Saffron in about 10 days so let's see how it goes. Keep me updated on your Saffron!
Can't wait to hear about the Saffron……another petite skier here 5 ft 102 lbs

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga