• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who's skiing this weekend?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's raining here in Vermont, and my home mountain has postponed its opening til next Saturday.

So who's lucky enough to ski this weekend? It has to be someone out west. Go ahead -- let me live vicariously through you!

On the bright side, however -- temperatures are supposed to drop considerably during the day tomorrow, and they're even calling for snow on Monday! :clap:

Christy

Angel Diva
Not here in Washington! We just had big warm "Pineapple express" storms from Hawaii that melted the base we had, and It's 50 degrees in the mountains today.

abc

Banned
Just ticketed my flight to Hong Kong, with a few days scheduled for relaxing at the beach of Thailand. I guess skiing will have to wait... ;-)

It's still more than a month till January, the month I usually start skiing. So I'm not the least bit concern about the rain and warm weather. With the holiday season coming up, I think mostly of families and friends and Christmas parties rather than skiing... Well, not entirely. Today, I just bought my Loveland 4-pack pass, ticketed the flight to Denver for MLK weekend, ticket for Epic gathering in JH, and am in the process of booking lodging for those 2 trips...

So, instead of looking forward to skiing thinly covered rocks and dirt while dodging shrubs, I must admit I'm actually quite enjoying the warm weather while awaiting for the base to build up (both here and in the Rockies)! :smile:

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only in my dreams....:rolleyes:

Sierra

Certified Ski Diva
It's raining here in Vermont, and my home mountain has postponed its opening til next Saturday.

So who's lucky enough to ski this weekend? It has to be someone out west. Go ahead -- let me live vicariously through you!

On the bright side, however -- temperatures are supposed to drop considerably during the day tomorrow, and they're even calling for snow on Monday! :clap:
another Vermonter here looking at the rain on opening day... positively balmy out there... sigh

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied today (or technically yesterday since it's 12:24 am and I just got home from seeing Warren Miller.) Honestly, it sucked and I wanted off the mountain the whole time. Conditions were icy and it was very, very crowded. I did get a chance to demo a new boutique ski from Fat-ypus which I'll review in more detail tomorrow. Wasn't the right conditions for the demo but there's some hope.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
IHonestly, it sucked and I wanted off the mountain the whole time. Conditions were icy and it was very, very crowded. .

You're just trying to make me feel better! :wink:

Looking forward to hearing about the skis, though.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Not us, unless we wanted to endure rain and the WROD at Sunday River. Pass. We've chalked up almost 3" of rain since Friday in inland Maine. Possibly more by the coast. :mad: And it's near 60 degrees! :eek:

One of the few times ever that I have felt somewhat SORRY for anyone attempting to ski in this region.

After this much rain and such warm temps, temps are predicted to bottom out starting tonight, with a forecasted low of 21. IT'S ABOUT TIME!
Strange November thus far....:doh:

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied Loveland on Saturday. It was pretty good. It was my first day out this season and did the demo days. Skied on several Dynastars, Nordicas and Volkls. Fave of the day was the Dynastar Groove and the Volkl Cosmo (gotta love the name) was pretty fun despite not being the right conditions for that width. Lift ticket, lunch and demo's for $40.00. Very fun day.

amberula4

Certified Ski Diva
I skied A basin yesterday I am with you guys. It was really crowded and got icy by noon. The early morning skiing wasn't as bad till tons of people crowded in. I peeled out when the singles line was like 30 min long to get half way up the mountain. Don't have the patience for that :smile:

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not here in Washington! We just had big warm "Pineapple express" storms from Hawaii that melted the base we had, and It's 50 degrees in the mountains today.

Ffffbbbbtttt! :( Yeah it sucks out here right now. I shook and shimmied at our Pray for Snow party last night, so hopefully that will help this week! :dance:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Both coasts are obviously getting the short end of it right now...
:mad2:
However, temps have dropped almost 20 degrees in the last few hours here ("The Far East"), which is encouraging, and we're promised a serious cool-down by tonight.
(I'm holding wx to THAT promise....)

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I managed to start the season this weekend with two days in Hemsedal, Norway :becky:

Skiing was great, but only 50cm snow. The minus thing was that I really need new boots, or do you ladies think my feet should be blue and full of blisters after a day of skiing??? :eek: Anyway, I just taped them up, and went on skiing day 2. Now I just wish day 3 was tomorrow, but unfortunately not...

Christy

Angel Diva
Ffffbbbbtttt! Yeah it sucks out here right now. I shook and shimmied at our Pray for Snow party last night, so hopefully that will help this week!

On the bright side it doesn't suck to have nice weather in November. The constant gray and damp will be here soon enough.

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The tease we recevied a couple of weeks ago is just a memory. We had recording breaking temps in San Franciso over the weekend and went sailing on SF Bay yesterday in T shirt and shorts. That rarely happens! I just looked at the long term discussion on NOAA and it is not looking too good. I am still hoping that the temps will fall enough so they can make snow and have a least something open for Thanksgiving. Doing laps on a bunny run can still be fun :ski2:

This is my first post in awhile. It is good to be back...now to start doing my snow dance :snow:

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH and I went to Keystone for a couple of runs yesterday. We were in line at 8:20 waiting for the gondola to start turning at 8:30...except that there were some issues with the brand new gondie. Didn't start running until 9:05. We were 10th chair, so we were able to really open it up on the first run, but by the second run, we were dodging other skiers. The lift line at mid-mtn after our second run was 45 minutes, so we headed to the base. The line at the base was all the way back to the fire pit in River Run, probably an hour to an hour and a half wait, so we called it a day. Not satisfied at all, but hey, I got some runs, right?

I skied my Celebrities though and I have four words. I AM IN LOVE!!!! I'll write a full review a little later.

Kriss240

Certified Ski Diva
Here are a few photos taken moments ago at Stowe, with more snow on the way hopefully!

n713497114_1445405_9789.jpg

n713497114_1445406_666.jpg

n713497114_1445407_1546.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga