• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Whiplash!

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took a bad fall skiing backcountry the other day and now I have whiplash! I can't turn my head or lean it backwards. Argh. At least I didn't mess myself up any worse, and it will get better in a few days I'm sure. Anyway, add me to the list of injured - at least I can still ski!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to hear about the spill, but you're right; unless you have some weird neck issue along with it, it'll take a few days to get better.

I had whiplash bad last winter after a spill, and for days I couldn't lift my head up (ie, off a pillow) without using my hands to assist. It took me two or three days to be able to turn my head left and right and get back that range of motion without soreness, too, but as soon as I could do that, I was back on skis. Hope your recovery is as amusing as, but quicker than, mine!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sucks, sorry to hear it! Happened to me last year. The good news is it didn't take long to clear up, hopefully it'll clear up quickly for you as well.

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
peq- yep, I have to lift my head off the pillow with my hands! I'm sure it looks ridiculous.

I actually skied for a day after I got hurt, and the activity made it feel a bit better, but afterwards I was even more sore, so I guess I better take a few days off.

Pretty brutal fall though, worst I've had all year and in front of someone I wanted to impress, too. Ah well, pride goeth before a fall - literally!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ouch! I did something similar a couple of weeks ago. Last run of the day, blue groomer, hit a spot of something and just lost my edges. It was a rather spectacular fall, if I do say so myself. I don't remember ever hitting my head that hard, thank god for my helmet. I'm pretty sure I had a very mild concussion, and definitely some whiplash. It was pretty bad for about 2-3 days (I had to run 7 miles 2 days after, that really sucked) but has been gradually getting better. I'm still noticing it here and there, though. Usually when I'm in the car and want to look over my shoulder to check on DS in his carseat.

Hope you feel better soon. You could try alternating some ice and heat on it, and do some gentle range of motion exercises to try to work the stiffness out. :hug:

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ouchies! :eek: Glad my shoulder/neck isn't that bad. Gives me confidence that it will feel better soon. I keep doing headrolls and shrugs and stuff to try to keep the muscles loose and warm to speed things along.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna