• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where to ski in Europe in April?

akjen

Certified Ski Diva
What areas will still have good skiing in the first 2 weeks of April? We'll be spending a few days in Garmisch (Bavarian Alps) with family, but I think the season will pretty much be over by then. So where should we go after? I'm thinking Switzerland or France but I'm not familiar with any the areas there (first trip to Europe!). Any suggestions?

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Difficult to say where to ski in april in switzerland .... because we do not know today how much snow will be left in April.
I suggest some resort in higher altitudes like St. Moritz, Zermatt ...
but with plenty of snow any resort can be fun! :rolleyes:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Difficult to say where to ski in april in switzerland .... because we do not know today how much snow will be left in April.
I suggest some resort in higher altitudes like St. Moritz, Zermatt ...
but with plenty of snow any resort can be fun! :rolleyes:

I would second Zermatt; we were there early April a few years back, and it was lovely. There is glacier, so you can ski there year round, even if the other snow is gone. But I understand that Zermatt is a good place to go later, regardless. (Sort of like coming to Colorado in April, it's almost always best in April, when they start closing everything. But the high altitude keeps the snow.)

akjen

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the info - we'll check out Zermatt. Hopefully the high altitude will make it similar to conditions here in Alaska; the best skiing of the year is end of March thru April...

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've done Cervinia (Italy)/Zermatt in April. Tignes (France) should also be good. Basically, that tiny corner around Mont Blanc seems to be pretty snow-sure late in the season.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just love Zermatt. I lived in Germany and went there summer and winter. I always stayed in a little inn called Hotel Matterhornblick. It was clean and comfortable and not too expensive. Great view of the Matterhorn. I haven't been there for years though, so do your own research.

When you go, be sure to try Raclette. Melted cheese, potatoes, YUM!

I have lots of good memories from Zermatt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga