• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where has the K2 Superstitious gone?

KristinaTO

Diva in Training
Hi All - I am looking for my next pair of skis and 2 weeks ago made the wrong call (just tore my ACL) and now am even more concerned that I get the right next ski. I loved my K2 Lotta Luv's, and after that loved my K2 Superstitious skis. I can't seem to figure out which newer K2 ski replaced the Superstitious. I'd keep skiing my Superstitious' but the bindings have started seizing on me in colder temps (ie: Quebec).
After much research, I bought the Atomic Vantage 90s. At first I loved them: they feel stable, carve well, go fast and are fatter so would have been good in powder and crud. But on last week's ski holiday it was groomers/hard pack all week long and on the steeper pitches I struggled to get my downhill ski to participate in the initiation of right hand turns. Crossed my tips and went head first down the mountain. In my 40 years of skiing I have never had this happen, and it happened 3 times through the week and ended with a full ACL tear... I suspect that they were too stiff for me, but may also have been too long (my K2s were 167, the Atomics were 169)
I think I'll go back to K2, but not sure which model to go with now that the model names have all changed.
My stats: 5' 8.5" 165 lbs advanced skier, looking for all mountain but mostly frontside.
All suggestions welcome and thanks in advance!!!

Jilly

Staff member
The Vantage 90 is a stiff ski and it's really too wide for icy groomers. I demo'ed them at Whistler last year and found them stiff.

I don't know much about the K2 line as I've never had a chance to demo.

Welcome to our world and where do you ski in Quebec?

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Hi @KristinaTO and welcome.

I am currently skiing the Superstitious in a 160, I am 5' 2" and much heavier. I just saw a thread under the Gear Review section for the K2 Thrilluvit and the OoLalaLuv. You might want to take a look at that thread ( I am not sure how to link to a thread). The dimensions of those 2 skis are similar to the Superstitious. The Superstitious has metal in it. I demo'd the OolalaLuv the 1st year out and didn't like them - too light for me - no metal. I am interested in trying the ThrillUvit.
Haven't seen too many Superstitious around. I tend to have a love/hate relationship w/ mine. Currently, we are in love.

Jilly

Staff member
Dear Hyde Park Ski Club. Say Hi to Lily for me!! If you're taking a trip to Tremblant, let me know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga