• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When you know you're obsessed with skiing......

SkiBaby

Certified Ski Diva
OOOOOOkay. So I'm having a discussion with a man about skiing, excited to find yet someone else who shares in and can understand my new obsession. But the thing is he is my gynecologist. And we're chatting while I'm having my annual exam.

Now do understand we've received 30 inches of snow in the past 4 days, and the powder yesterday was up to my knees in places, and I was blessed to be skiing with my fabulous women's clinic exploring off-trail and on runs I've never ventured onto before - but it struck me as very funny, and very defining, how engulfing this sport can be.

I know other divas have been in similar positions (noooooo, I'm not talking the stirrups:p ), realizing how absolutely taken with skiing they are, and would love to hear the stories.....

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I find that it's hard to find others obsessed with skiing, so if this is the case with others then perhpas we all are willing to take the commaraderie wherever we can get it. Love your story. I'm participating vicariously. This is SO funny.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Of COURSE we're obsessed with skiing. That's why we're here!

Love the OB/GYN story. I'll talk to anyone about skiing, anytime. Sometimes I think people may think it a bit much, so I actively try to tamp it down so I don't drive people crazy.

My obsession extends to this forum, too. Last week my husband was interviewed by the Associated Press for his upcoming book -- a big deal, right? So afterwards I ask him, "Did you happen to mention TheSkiDiva?"

I must be out of my mind. :rolleyes:

(And yes, he actually did!)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SkiBaby said:
OOOOOOkay. So I'm having a discussion with a man about skiing, excited to find yet someone else who shares in and can understand my new obsession. But the thing is he is my gynecologist. And we're chatting while I'm having my annual exam.

I know other divas have been in similar positions (noooooo, I'm not talking the stirrups:p ), realizing how absolutely taken with skiing they are, and would love to hear the stories.....

This thread is useless without pics!

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I remember a Fall episode of Sex in the City. Carrie was comparing love to fall lines. It took me a moment to realize that she was talking about clothes!:D

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everyone knows I love to ski, but I try to keep my obsession to myself. My latest jaunt is a redeye to Tahoe. 17 hours on a plane and 3 hours shuttle round trip for two days of skiing. I know my collegues would start to question my sanity.

I'm really glad to know there are others out there - Is there medication for this condition?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
slipnslide said:
I'm really glad to know there are others out there - Is there medication for this condition?

Yes -- take two runs and call me in the morning! :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga