• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When He wanders, unsupervised

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Toward the beginning of March, I went to a sporting good store to get some Scotchguard to respray my ski pants as the spring, wet skiing season was upon us.

I made the mistake of letting Mr SnowHot wander off unsupervised.:doh:

Terry: Look at the cool skis I found for a bargain!!!
Me: K2 PE's? You can almost buy them a dime a dozen.
Terry: Are they a good ski?
Me: Sure. They're known for being the best ski you can get for the price range.
Terry: What about bindings?
Me: I have an extra pair of bindings laying around you can put on them.

As the tale goes on, he liked the skis, and his buddy Tom Loves them so they were well worth the 200.00

The Saga Continues:
Thursday night I'm at Volleyball. My phone rings, its Terry so I didn't answer, because he knows I'm playing volleyball. He keeps calling, so I think something serious is going on. I answer.

Terry: How do I log into SAC?
Me: Why?
Terry: Because they have these Blizzard Twin Tips for $130!!!
Me: Do you know anything about them?
Terry: No, but they're $130!!!
Me: This is how you log in.......(you know the scenario)
:laughter:

You'd think I'd learn by now, to never ever let MrSnowHot wander off unsupervised.:doh:
Even if it means wandering through the interwebs.:laugh:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:laugh: :nono:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At least he's into skis. My dh is into things with wheels.

He bought an old lifted 4X4 truck about 2 years ago and last summer bought some jeep that he STILL has yet to get running.:nono:

I wish he had a ski habit. :noidea:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At least he's into skis. My dh is into things with wheels.

He bought an old lifted 4X4 truck about 2 years ago and last summer bought some jeep that he STILL has yet to get running.:nono:

I wish he had a ski habit. :noidea:
Oh, you totally missed the thread on Epic where I explain how my husband has a quiver of dirtbikes, and in fact, bought one last winter. Hid it from me, and then said it was my fault he bought it.

I don't mind taking credit, but I'm not taking the blame!!!:fear:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OH G*D!!!

I know you know this already, but please make sure Terry knows too.....

:yell: DO NOT tell Chet about SAC!!! :yell:
I have a hard enough time keeping him from buying stuff on E-bay, and I don't dare let him wander through a sporting goods store unsupervised. :nono: :fear:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OH G*D!!!

I know you know this already, but please make sure Terry knows too.....

:yell: DO NOT tell Chet about SAC!!! :yell:
I have a hard enough time keeping him from buying stuff on E-bay, and I don't dare let him wander through a sporting goods store unsupervised. :nono: :fear:
How much is it worth to you, for us to keep our traps shut?:becky:

I think I just figured out how to pay for the skis!!:ski2:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LOL, he shops like a girl! :D (I probably would have been tempted to buy those TTs, too, for only $130! :eek:)

Hubby is purely addicted to SAC. Then again, he has his own site tracking SAC that he makes a little money off of, so that's part of it.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Severine, Terry is a bargain snatcher in a HUGE way. I could go on, but I doubt I need to. :faint:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I wish my DH monitored SAC for ski deals, then I wouldn't feel like such a gear whore. (He enables me, though:becky: ) When he gets on Ebay, I get excited, thinking he's finally looking for skis! But then I take a peek, and he's scanning the listings for dinosaur fossils (he's a geologist) or Jerry Garcia ties! I give up!:yield:

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How funny... my DH is quite the opposite, he umms and ahhs and does so much 'research' and demoing and list making and review reading, I feel like shouting 'JUST BUY THE DAMNED SKIS ALREADY!!!!'

However, random bits of expensive golf gear are always turning up..

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How funny... my DH is quite the opposite, he umms and ahhs and does so much 'research' and demoing and list making and review reading, I feel like shouting 'JUST BUY THE DAMNED SKIS ALREADY!!!!'

Mine, too!:laugh:

altagirl

Staff member
Oh, you totally missed the thread on Epic where I explain how my husband has a quiver of dirtbikes, and in fact, bought one last winter. Hid it from me, and then said it was my fault he bought it.

I don't mind taking credit, but I'm not taking the blame!!!:fear:

We did that the opposite way. When I needed my first knee surgery after moving to Utah, I was bummed out that I was missing the end of ski season. Soooooo.... to make myself feel better I went shopping. And bought a dirt bike.

Me: "Hey, I need to borrow the truck to pick up my new motorcycle."

DH: "Your what?"

Me: "Oh, and uh, can you get one in the next couple days so we can go riding this weekend?"

Now don't ask me why I thought dirt biking would be good on my injured knee. But... it did make me feel better. And we have a blast riding motos. I just wish it wasn't such a hassle to trailer them out to somewhere that we can ride.

And it's pretty dang funny listening to him "complain" to his friends about how his wife "made" him buy a dirt bike. He doesn't get a lot of sympathy... :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga