• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What was your best day this season?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Was there any one day or ski event that stands out for you this season?

A few for me:

1) Meeting and skiing with other Divas -- most especially at Jay in the most amazing conditions. Loads of fun. LOVED meeting you all!!!!
2) Meeting the Bears at Stowe. Nice to put names with the faces.
2) Steamboat trip! Blue skies, nice temps, great company.
3) New equipment: Not one but TWO pair of skis. And new boots, too.

What about you?

abc

Banned
I think I have 3:

2 days in Wengen (Switzerland): Powder, the fluffy kind, followed by sunshine. Very few skiers around the track out the freshies lying next to the trail!
1 day in NH: I was cross-country skiing in the back country. The snow was just soft enough for grip but not so soft to slow down the descend. Out in the woods in the middle of absolute NOWHERE!

This has been one of the best ski season for me, despite hurting my knee. I have plans and lots of hopes for next year. But I'm a little afraid that I'll be disappointed because this one is SO GOOD!

Marigee

Angel Diva
I have several days that stand out this ski season.

My best ski day didn't have the best snow or weather - it was the company instead. When we were in Steamboat I had a day alone with just one of my 3 sons. It is very rare for me to have a one on one. My #3 son and I like skiing the same types of runs - he also likes skiing more than the other two. He talked a lot on the lifts and we skied lots of places my other two boys don't like to ski.

I had another good day at Steamboat with my sister-in-law. We did the early tracks and practically had the mountain to ourselves for the first hour. We got first tracks down several runs. The temps were chilly - but the sun was out and not a cloud in the sky.

I have been lucky this year to have gotten to ski with two "ski divas." I skied with Sheena at Seven Springs and Thatsagirl at Crested Butte. It was really lots of fun to meet them and ski a few runs together. Hopefully next year I'll meet more divas. (Solitude anyone :D )

The last day that really stands out for me this season was at Crested Butte. I took a private lesson and had one of those "aha" moments where something really clicked. I feel like I made a real breakthrough on some naging issues I had. Of course this moment came at the end of the season. Hopefully I will remember next year!:smile:

lil mountain girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
best day of the season for me (hands down!) is a day i spent in the slack-country (backcountry ajacent to ski hill) in february (???)

i was sick that day but decided to ski anyway.
i'm glad i did! the 3 runs we did that day defined epic.

first run: steep beautiful chutes filled with waist deep light and fluff-fluffy pow (surprise!!! :D ) into beautiful deep trees and open meadows . . . yum

second run: epic ridge hike in a wild blowing storm (wow :eek: ), but the turns were worth it! amazing thigh deep pow through a beautiful huge bowl (and surprizingly good stability!) -- bonus was the length of the run . . . and the boys letting me go first (first tracks!!!) :D

third run: finnishing it all off with a classic run through steep trees and deep snow . . . again . . . yummmmm!!!

i can't wait until november!!!!!!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a few days that stand out:
1- My first trip skiing out west at Steamboat. It snowed almost every day and was tons of fun.
2- I had a really good private lesson at Stowe and felt like I made some breakthroughs.
3- My last day of the season at Sunapee. The weather was warm and beautiful, and no crowds! I was able to make a breakthrough on my carving, so that made me happy. I really feel like I ended my season on a positive note and can't wait until next year! Since we've had so much snow in the mountains this month, I've thought about going out a few times, but my last day was so good, I just want to end my season with that positive note and not run the risk of ruining it by hurting myself now!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its a toss up for me, but I'd have to say my number one day is from Stowe on Friday before ESA, because its the first time I met a buncha Bears and Divas.

The other day in my book that was phenomenal was at Okemo March 30th!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My best day this season was my first day at Solitude, when I made three turns down an untracked chute that were phenomenal. I could have packed my bags, gone home and been satisfied with just those turns.

I have three memories of best days this season:

1) My first (and only so far) lesson in the park, taking air, skiing backwards, and hanging with a 25 year old instructor who was a great teacher and skier.:cool:

2) Skiing with my kids once they got the hang of it and watching them have fun and move onto the intermediate runs.:D

3) Wednesday, March 21 at Stratton with my buddy Mike -- bluebird day with perfect packed powder conditions, ripping down groomers on my Volkl Attiva AC3s at high speed with lots of stability.:rolleyes:

NannyMin

Banned
Best days of the season (hopefully the season isn't over!):

1. This last Saturday skiing at Beaver Creek when lots of little things that I had been working on "clicked" and when for the first time I was able to ski moguls just for fun!

2. One of the children I care for is 3 years old, his gross motor skills are a bit lagging and he is cautious due to some balance issues related to ear issues. On his 3rd day out skiing with me I could literally see his confidence growing and his face was just lit up with joy. It still warms my heart to think of it! I'm such a sap!

3. Skiing with a good buddy at the Yellowstone Club in February. The conditions were perfect, the company was great and I had a blast!

abc

Banned
I took a private lesson and had one of those "aha" moments where something really clicked. I feel like I made a real breakthrough on some naging issues I had. Of course this moment came at the end of the season. Hopefully I will remember next year!

Yes, I had one of those "aha" moment too, also in a private. Amazing what difference an hour make!

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It wasn't a single day for me. It was our trip to Stemboat this year from February 24 - March 3. We had over 7 feet of snow during the week we were there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga