• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't watch that show. Halfway through, and I'm in the kitchen trying to whip up something chocolate. I used to be able to watch similar shows (and loved them), but now my diet is more restricted and the confections push some button that wakes up the cravings!
I'm right this minute proving brioche dough because it looked delicious on telly last night.

Getting into Bad Sports right now on Netflix, man, there's a whole underbelly to professional sport that I'm blithely ignorant of!

KimarieSnow

Certified Ski Diva
As the title suggests...
We gave Breaking Bad a try: with all the Emmys it has won, critical acclaim, raving fan base - but it's not for us. It's way too dark, too much lying/violence and overall gruesomeness. Maybe its the cumulative 20+ years of recovery in our house, but we found it incredibly depressing and morbid. The humorous moments and situations were more than overshadowed by anything else it had to offer.

We love a good story, well done, not too Hollywood-ish. Finding something we both agree on can be a challenge however. I love MI-5, Shelock (BBC version) Downton Abbey. We both love the history channels "Vikings" that started up last year. He loved Game of Thrones, I tolerated it.

Open to suggestions! Thanks!

Geargrrl
Must watch: HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER.
Starring Viola Davis!! Incredible.

newboots

Angel Diva
Must watch: HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER.
Starring Viola Davis!! Incredible.

So interesting! I "enjoyed" Breaking Bad (when I wasn't hiding my head under a blanket) - so well-made, though yes, dark and horrible things happening non-stop. But I couldn't tolerate How to Get Away with Murder. Way too slimy and creepy for me!

newboots

Angel Diva
Netflix movie alert!

I just saw The Two Popes. I thought it was wonderful! Not shallow, trite, or dumb. Hey, that's high praise for a movie nowadays! Seriously, though. Character studies of two very different men, and a religion that can be controversial, and the interactions thereof. It is fiction, and should not be taken as historically accurate.

BReeves215

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I highly recommend a documentary called This Mountain Life, following the stories of several people living in/exploring the more remote reaches of British Columbia. There’s not much skiing per se but it is so beautifully shot. Now BC is on my bucket list! It is available on most of the streaming services.

Christy

Angel Diva
Any "My Brilliant Friend" fans? It just gets better and better. The actresses, who weren't actresses but were chosen during open auditions in Naples, are really coming into their own.

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Brilliant French miniseries Mixte (aka Voltaire High) on Amazon explores the integration of mixed-gender classrooms in France in 1963 and provides a glimpse into a society on the cusp of change. My Amazon account defaulted to dubbed English but I was able to adjust the settings to French with or without subtitles.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I highly recommend a documentary called This Mountain Life, following the stories of several people living in/exploring the more remote reaches of British Columbia. There’s not much skiing per se but it is so beautifully shot. Now BC is on my bucket list! It is available on most of the streaming services.
What service? It's not coming up in US Netflix.

newboots

Angel Diva
has anyone watched The Soul of Skiing on Youtube?
There was talk about this here a few months ago, I think. I have watched it more than once. Partly because it's a great little documentary, and partly to catch glimpses of Berkshire East, where I learned to ski but haven't been for 5 years. That guy at B-East, Charlie, skis every day and does some awesome ski ballet moves, which I had never seen or even heard of before I saw him.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
All of you Julia Child fans...there's a new series that just started on HBOMax: Julia. It's great -- tells the story of how she ended up on her TV show, The French Chef, its evolution, and her relationships with her husband and friends. Hard to describe, but worth watching.
Another interesting and weird series is Severance, on Apple+. The office from Hell.... Season Finale just dropped tonight.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll definitely check out Julia. Maybe it's based the book her great-nephew wrote about her, which was very good (My Life in France).

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All of you Julia Child fans...there's a new series that just started on HBOMax: Julia. It's great -- tells the story of how she ended up on her TV show, The French Chef, its evolution, and her relationships with her husband and friends. Hard to describe, but worth watching.
Another interesting and weird series is Severance, on Apple+. The office from Hell.... Season Finale just dropped tonight.

I saw the ads for Julia and it looks good! I don't get HBOMax though.

Anyone watching the new season of Bridgerton?

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'll definitely check out Julia. Maybe it's based the book her great-nephew wrote about her, which was very good (My Life in France).
I don't think so -- it deals with how she got WGBH in Boston to produce her show, and follows along as the show slowly developed into the hit it became. It almost never happened!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna