• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Has anyone seen the Medici series? If so, what do you think of it?
Not subscribed to Netflix but considering because I am interested in the Medici series.
It's decent. I wouldn't say I'm blown away but it's interesting. No silliness. Hub and I can agree on historical stuff that's not romance so there ya go. Marco Polo was good, and of course The Last Kingdom is outstanding if you like historical.

Peppermint

Angel Diva
I also just watched the Alpinist. Very good indeed.
I just watched "The Alpinist" on Netflix. Rock- and ice-climber par extraordinaire. Harrowing.

Hub and I just finished watching Ozark on Netflix and it is excellent. FYI, its very violent but has great writing that keeps you guessing on what will happen next. We were big Ray Donovan fans on Showtime, so this show is right up our alley. Season 4 comes out soon.

newboots

Angel Diva

Hub and I just finished watching Ozark on Netflix and it is excellent. FYI, its very violent but has great writing that keeps you guessing on what will happen next. We were big Ray Donovan fans on Showtime, so this show is right up our alley. Season 4 comes out soon.
I just couldn't handle Ozark. I started it (possibly not long after I watched or re-watched Breaking Bad or The Wire, or possibly something uplifting, and I just didn't want suspense and people doing bad stuff.

I should try it again. That was several years ago!

For music lovers, especially gospel music lovers, I just watched Voices of Fire for the second time. I love gospel, and this series did not disappoint.

MissySki

Angel Diva

I’m sooooooo excited for the new season of Ozark, finally!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking forward to Ozark season 4 too. But it is very dark and for me, few laugh out loud moments and likable characters.

I'm finishing up Better Call Saul. Really good show, excellent prequel for the Saul Goodman character.

I wish I could watch Orphan Black all over again for the first time. Such a good show.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Doesn’t this recall the Better Call Saul ad on Breaking Bad? Same font, same colors. I'm sure money changed hands.

Attachments

• 5959070F-961C-4202-A80C-54F9D11D3866.jpeg
    5959070F-961C-4202-A80C-54F9D11D3866.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 2

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohh, my flatmate and I are working our way through seasons 1-3 of Ozark at the moment. Loving it so far!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just watched Bonfire of Destiny (period drama from 1897 París based on actual events) which is originally in French (and I can never remember the name since it's completely different that what shows as the title screen in French!) But I really enjoyed it. Very dramatic fire scene in the first episode and lots of interwoven characters. It's one that I didn't want to stop watching to the point of listening to an episode while walking the dogs. :rotf:
I really enjoyed that series; I watched it in French to get my comprehension up, my 10 yo son came in and asked me to translate the dialogue for him, so was happily doing that - then it turned verrrrryy European; the boobs and the bonking came out and I thought it probably wasn't too appropriate at that point. French title is Le Bazar de la Charité. Lupin is also a very good show (don't try it dubbed into English though, the voice actors are awful).

newboots

Angel Diva
For those who watched The Alpinist, here is something else for you. With contemporary equity themes and a happy ending!

14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible

Also on Netflix.

Peppermint

Angel Diva
For those who watched The Alpinist, here is something else for you. With contemporary equity themes and a happy ending!

14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible

Also on Netflix.
@newboots, we have similar tastes! I too have watched 14 peaks and it was amazing. His cardio ability was incredible - he never gets tired. I also loved the parts when he went home to see his mom. He seems like such a nice person with an incredible spirit.

geargrrl

Angel Diva

(spoiler alert) It was amazing... but we knew it wasn't going end well pretty quick. Hub used to be a Yosemite climber and mountaineer so he understands all too well.

altagirl

Staff member
Is anyone watching Yellowjackets? LOL I keep wishing I knew someone who has seen it because O.M.G. It's the most messed up thing and I can’t top watching. I keep trying to guess what's going to happen next but in the show it tends to be worse. Like waaaaaay worse.

Obviously not a show for the squeamish! Or if you need something to cheer you up.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Is anyone watching Yellowjackets? LOL I keep wishing I knew someone who has seen it because O.M.G. It's the most messed up thing and I can’t top watching. I keep trying to guess what's going to happen next but in the show it tends to be worse. Like waaaaaay worse.

Obviously not a show for the squeamish! Or if you need something to cheer you up.

Yes, I’ve watched season 1, and cannot wait for season 2!

newboots

Angel Diva
LOVED this, but stopped watching it after the moved channels and Mary Berry left :cry:

I can't watch that show. Halfway through, and I'm in the kitchen trying to whip up something chocolate. I used to be able to watch similar shows (and loved them), but now my diet is more restricted and the confections push some button that wakes up the cravings!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna