• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What skis do I take?? Utah tomorrow

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is the problem with a quiver ... what do I pack?

We are going to Utah tomorrow, Alta/Snowbird. I'm definitely taking the Auras, but for the second pair I can't decide between the Monster 77s and the Queen Attivas.

The iM77 is a better crud buster as well as groomer ski (it's heavier), and the QA is a fun soft snow ski, but not great in crud.

I know Utah has been getting blasted, but it doesn't look like we'll get much new (except a little Thursday) while we're there. I haven't skied there before, so I don't know what it's like when tracked out. Do I want a heavier, more versatile ski, or a lighter, softer ski??

CAVEAT: I should say that I'm sure the QA is a decent crud buster for a smaller and/or slower skier than I. I just bought it too short for that.

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Pinto,

Take the crudbuster. We got HAMMERED over the weekend, then today we had sun which guarantees crud. Go look at the alta.com pics today and you'll see that it is tracked. It's really cold now so the morning should be okay, but midday it'll be really heavy.

Have fun! How long are you here for?

abc

Banned
This is the problem with a quiver ... what do I pack?
You got too much overlap, sister! Sell all three and get a decent carving ski plus a REAL powder ski! :smile:

Sorry, can't resist making fun of your delima...

BTW, what you westerner call "crud" is what we east coasters call "powder"! :smile:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Pinto,

Take the crudbuster. We got HAMMERED over the weekend, then today we had sun which guarantees crud. Go look at the alta.com pics today and you'll see that it is tracked. It's really cold now so the morning should be okay, but midday it'll be really heavy.

Have fun! How long are you here for?

THanks ... I imagine I will stay on the Auras most of the time anyway, but just in case ...

We will be skiing Thurs/Fri/Sat, and going home Sun. Thinking about going Alta first, Snowbird second, and then we're flexible ... maybe Solitude or Brighton, maybe we'll return to one of the others. We are in a small group, so we might even split up the last day (there is a range of ability).

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You got too much overlap, sister! Sell all three and get a decent carving ski plus a REAL powder ski! :smile:

Sorry, can't resist making fun of your delima...

BTW, what you westerner call "crud" is what we east coasters call "powder"! :smile:

That's right, "crud" is anything that has been looked at, much less skied over already, much less gotten slushy and refrozen. :smile:

And that Monster is a DARN good carving ski. It is surprisingly quick. I doubt I'll ever go narrower again.

altagirl

Staff member
That's right, "crud" is anything that has been looked at, much less skied over already, much less gotten slushy and refrozen. :smile:

And that Monster is a DARN good carving ski. It is surprisingly quick. I doubt I'll ever go narrower again.

I agree - 77 underfoot sounds like a skinny little carving ski to me! I use my im88's for crud and groomer skiing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga