• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What Recession?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is so over the top I had to post it here:

FirstTracksOnline.com said:
Truckee, CA - While other ski and snowboard resorts are cutting prices and offering perks to attract recession-spooked travelers, those seeking an over-the-top ski vacation should take a peek at the Black Diamond Ski Package now being offered by California's Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort. The package features luxury lodging, lift tickets, numerous on-mountain experiences, dining and a $10,000 rare black diamond necklace.

The Black Diamond Ski Package includes:

Seven nights lodging in a three bedroom, three bathroom residence located in One Village Place, which is the only residential resort in the world that has a gondola coming out of the lobby. Guests of One Village Place have an exclusive entrance to the gondola from the lobby. Accommodations offer a fusion of California contemporary and mountain warmth with modern décor and rustic accents.

For a mere $26,653 a California ski vacation package...and this necklace...could be yours.

Two, six-day adult lift tickets and two, six-day children’s lift tickets.

Premium ski or snowboard rentals from Black Tie Ski Rentals, which conduct boot and ski fittings in the privacy of the guest’s vacation residence.

Four days of private ski or snowboard lessons and on mountain guide service.

A five-day Balance Spa package which includes two services per adult each day and one family Yoga or Tai Chi session.

$300 dining credit at the new Baxter’s Bistro & Lounge in the Village at Northstar.

$300 dining credit at Mikuni Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar in the Village.

$300 dining credit at Moody’s Bistro & Lounge in Truckee.

$225 credit at the new Chocolate Bar in the Village.

$100 credit at Starbucks in the Village.

Ice skating for the whole family in the Village.

Two s’mores kits for roasting marshmallows over one of the many outdoor firepits in the Village, and (here's the kicker)

A rare 17.5-inch black diamond necklace featuring a black Tahitian pearl from Spirits in Stone.

The total package price is $26,653, offered Jan. 1, 2009 through the end of the ski season based on lodging availability. Even at that price, taxes are not included.

Any takers?

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:eek:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, that's not likely to happen for us...ever. :eek:

Jilly

Staff member
Besides the fact that I could pay off my mortgage, that's a little expensive for a necklace!!

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is remarkable in any economy, but today it's just obscene.

While it's not quite the same scale as this, while getting my hair cut yesterday I asked how business was. My stylist says with amazement that it sure doesn't seem to be impacting some folks. She saw a mother come in with her 2 young daughters and a $1000 gift card -- they used $800 of it that day!! I checked and it was just on hair treatments, no spa things that could run up a bill. I guess some people are still doing pretty good and feeling mighty confident about their finances. May we all be so blessed to have that confidence one day soon!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
yes, but don't forget the two s'mores kits :D

:ROTF:

For sure. Due to my not really ever looking at stuff that's out of my budget, the s'more kits and $100 credit towards Starbucks were about the only items of interest to me! :laugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna