• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What is life like in CO with the big dump?

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Come on, us eastern skiers want to know... as we look outside at the rain.:Cry:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm headed up the mountain tomorrow night to coach a race Saturday and ski Sunday. Although, the big dumps were more down south so I'd be interested to hear from the Divas down there.

alpinebluesky

Diva in Training
It's awesome!!! However we've had an abnormal amount of fatalities this season already at the areas, its very sad. Mother Nature really humbles you sometimes.....

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
There you go, rub it in. We New England divas have not been happy campers this past week. To say the least. However, there was a very brief, fleeting, shining moment in the early, early season when New England actually had as much or more snow than the Rockies (which had more than their share of super-cold and high winds but not tons of dumps). Alas, tis but a memory now.....
Enjoy.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been posting recently (or even checking the board for that matter) because I've been skiing almost EVERY day! :yahoo:

The snow here in Telluride has been EPIC. We've gotten almost 70" of snow in the last eight days, and OMG the conditions have been incredible. Last Sunday was one of the best days of skiing ever on this mountain. There weren't a lot of big groups in town, so it was mostly locals, and we were high fiving each other all day. Powder, powder, powder everywhere. And I've been skiing almost every day since then.

It's clear (or at least I hope so) we're in for a great season, and I'm definitely going to need some powder skis soon.

I'm having a blast!

:ski2:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not even where the biggest dumps have been, but it's still been awesome. There was much whooping and hollering at Copper yesterday, and I know things were even better elsewhere.

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The snow at Keystone was awesome. I hate to brag, but it was really beautiful too. It is sad, however, that we've had so many avalanche fatalities. I hope everyone starts playing it smart!

IttyBittyBetty

Certified Ski Diva
POW at A-Basin

img_2319.jpg.html

https://jesperperl.com/photos/v/A-basin/img_2319.jpg.html

Yeah - the snow's been pretty good in Colorado!

EDIT - I'm trying to insert an image but cannot seem to make it work, so I added a link. I'll figure this out eventually!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cold!

High of 4 at 4pm yesterday and 8 degrees today! It was -7 at 8 am this morning! 2 degrees when we went out at 11:00 am.

Other areas of the state were colder.

Copper was deserted!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice pic Ittybittybetty!

Yeah, I was supposed to go to Copper today, but they were "advertising" wind chill of -40.

It was warmer for me to stay home & watch the "Everest" series I had recorded!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today felt colder than yesterday. My Women's Wed. class stayed out all day except for an hour for lunch. Today we , my so and I, stayed in Timberline but felt colder.

We're heading for Steamboat tomorrow, maybe it will be warmer.

CO-girl

Certified Ski Diva
img_2319.jpg.html

https://jesperperl.com/photos/v/A-basin/img_2319.jpg.html

Yeah - the snow's been pretty good in Colorado!

EDIT - I'm trying to insert an image but cannot seem to make it work, so I added a link. I'll figure this out eventually!
Great images! This is my first season out in Colorado (so excited I had to put it in my username). We haven't made it to A Basin yet, but after viewing those photos, I might have to take the day off tomorrow, lol!

What a great year to call Colorado home!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga