• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What drives you NUTS???

snowgirl

Certified Ski Diva
Trying to learn on a "slow skiing" beginner trail and have people whizzing by on snowboards and skis. it's not fair to people trying to learn to have to watch out for people going super fast!

Jilly

Staff member
Ah, and I was always saying its fun to scare the beginners!! Sorry. Actually after teaching last week, I wouldn't be doing it again!!

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Two most annoying things that I've experienced in the last year:

1) The guy on the gondola who plugged his iPod into some little speakers he had with him and subjected the rest of us to his music--without asking first.

2) The guy next to me on a lift whose first words were not "Hello" or "Where you from?" but "When are you going to buy new skis?"

So rude.

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are several things that drive me nuts...

1) Passing snowboarders on cat tracks. You never know what they are going to do. I have had them plow over me so they can hit the jumps on the side of the cat tracks or they hit jumps and almost run me off of the cat track.

2) People who stop in the middle of the run...at least stop on the side.

3) Snowboarders who traverse across a great powder line. They just put in deep ruts that are a pain to ski through.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Litter Bugs!!! And parents that let their kids litter.

In Utah, the snow is our watershed. We live downstream. So, when I see skiers throw their trash off the chair, it makes me sick. And when kids let their coke bottles and fry trays fall on the floor at lunch and their mom does not make them pick them up, I am amazed. As a host, I pick up after these snots as I walk through the tables. I don't mind picking up----I mind the attitude of a young person who does not feel any responsiblity to clean up after themselves. And I wonder what mother is thinking or not thinking to permit such arrogance.

Jilly

Staff member
Along that line - Last year we had a strike at Tremblant. There was limited cafeteria service at the top of the mountain. I was amazed at how clean most people tried to keep it. Garbage was thrown in the containers and spills were wiped up. After the strike - back to normal. My garbage??? My spill?? Clean up!! When push comes to shove things can be done. Also the bathroom was the upstair 2 stall unit. Busy bar rules were inforced by those who understood. Those bathrooms were cleaner then the 20 some downstairs are now. If someone will pick up after people, people will leave a mess!

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw something twice last week that I've never seen on the slopes before and hope never to see again: a skier sitting on one hip in the middle of a run talking on a cellphone (and not calling ski patrol, either). One of them took it to the next level by stopping just below the lip of a drop. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna