• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What does "back to school" mean to you?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've talked to many friends in the past week who're preparing for their children to go back to school.
Some in middle school, or high school, but at the age I am now, many of my friends are preparing for their children to go off to college, my nephew included.

To some "Back to School" means empty nest, while others see it as another change of the times and seasons........

For me, the "Back to School" theme means that ski season is just around the corner!!!!!
:yahoo:

Jilly

Staff member
Yup - it means that SkiCanada will be in the mailbox Friday after the kids go to school.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For me, it means something pretty exciting this year -- my daughter will be starting her first teaching job! She just finished her MS in Oceanography, and will be teaching 6th grade earth science at a school district in New Jersey. Pretty different from the days when I sent her off on the bus with a new backpack!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For me it means I "don't have to go back to work!" I'm retired from teaching, I can now enjoy the change of seasons, travel in the fall (or anytime of the year I want) instead of being limited to summer vacation.

Kathi

Marigee

Angel Diva
It means that my normally "best friends" twins will be separated. After a long summer of "togetherness" they are getting on each other's nerves and have been bickering a lot. :yell: They may say they don't want to go to school - but it will be a relief for everyone! Fortunately they only have one class together next year - and the teacher knows to put them on opposite sides of the room.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats to your daughter, Wendy. First teaching job- very exciting!

For me, back to school means back to teaching, so it means a lot of work, but it also means positives are on their way. New students, ski season's approach, fall foliage (especially wonderful on horseback), halloween's approach, taffy apples! etc.

How's the MBA program going, tradygirl?

"Back to School" is an interesting time of year for me. After a super busy mom/step-mom summer with 1-5 kids a night for 7 weeks, my husband and I had a kid-less week last week. We both worked long hours, especially me, to get ready to take this week off. We also went camping over the weekend in Southern VT, my first time camping since -- 15-18 years ago. I loved it, despite the heat.

My 2 stepchildren are back in Cincinnati, OH and are starting school this week. Our oldest who is 20 is moving from Western MI to Orlando, FL to begin school and pursue a relationship with a young man that she's known since high school.

Fast forward to this morning. I pick up my daughters at their Dad's house at 8:30 a.m. The girls were traveling in Colorado (their first time out West!) with their Dad and stepmom last week. They brought all of their clothes (they live with their Dad 45% of the time so almost half of their stuff resides there) to my house and I felt like Stacey London on What Not To Wear. We went through everything, they tried on stuff, including ski and snowboard stuff (old and new). We threw out undies and socks and washed new ones. They set up their school bags and lunch boxes. I took them shopping to CVS for toiletries, sock shopping, and shoe shopping.

Mind you, 10 days ago I spent 5 hours at the mall (I hate the mall) with my girls. I must say, we got them some great stuff with good discounts. Because they live in 2 houses, they definately need more clothing than usual so there is enough at both houses without having to constantly even things out and re-distribute them. Thursday, I'll take them shopping at a mall in Farmington, CT on our way south to NYC where we're heading for 3 days to visit my family. Of course, we'll shop the city and gosh, I hope that's it for awhile. My 11 year old is doing well for clothes and only needs a few things, but my almost 14 year old has grown this summer and needs so much, especially jeans! She now has wider shoulders, longer legs (she's almost my height of 5' 6 3/4 ") and she's got a great sense of style. She's very slender so finding clothing that is long enough but not too baggy takes awhile.

Tomorrow we go to the doctor (my 11 year old's annual physical), the orthodontist (for my eighth grader), I have a doctor appointment, and in the evening, we'll strip the beds, wash the sheets, and begin the packing planning list for NYC.

Whew!:faint:

abc

Banned
It means the campgrounds are empty and motels are finally available and I can travel without having to make a reservation!

It also means my Monday morning commute would take longer because of the Moms' cars and school bus.

As a kid, I loved school and hated summer because I had to "work" in summer! ;)

Skiing is still a long way off... for me, anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna