• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What Booster Strap do the Divas recommend for a small advanced skier?

Sokolva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello! I have heard great things about Booster straps and think that using one could really help with improving the feel of my boots further, which I like, but have a high calf, race inspired construction, are stiff, and could use some elastic in their lives.

Ski Boots: Atomic Hawx 115 Ultra
My specs: 5’3, 110-115 lbs, Advanced progressing skier.

I’m not sure what the difference is between the World Cup and the Expert/Racer booster strap models, and whether either of these are designed to work well for a woman of my size and weight, anyone have any experience and recommendations?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m 5’4 125 lbs advanced skier, and have the expert/racer version I believe. My bootfitter picked it for me, so I’m not fully sure the difference with the World Cup version unfortunately. I’ve been very happy with it.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Booster Strap has this chart on their page, although I'm sure a lot of variation occurs based on personal preference.
1678714417735.png

I don't have them on my current pair of boots, but I believe mine were the kids model when I did. I'm a good 2 inches and 15-20 lbs lighter than you. I also got them for a pair of boots I was struggling to flex so we weren't trying to go for anything too stiff.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I went by their chart posted here ^^^ and have been happy with it.

I received the advice that if you're in between two "sizes" based on the chart, go up...you can always cut one elastic out to make it softer, but if you go too soft, then you need to buy a new pair to make it stiffer.

FWIW, I am 5'5", 135lbs, "advanced" skier, and in the same boot as you, I have the Expert version.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I'm similar to your size. 5'3"+, 115lbs and have the expert straps (3 pieces of elastic). Like the others have said you can always cut one out. They have just been moved again (to boot pair #3). I was definitely less advanced when they were installed the first time.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm interested in the booster strap as getting some side shin bang issues recently that I never experienced before. I'm a little shorter and lighter (5'1 105) and wondering what I should get...... @ski diva what do you have?

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just had this added to my boots and love them! I'm 5'1"/115. Got the expert version and they flex great. With my Velcro power straps, it sometimes felt like a hard stop hitting my shins at points. With the booster strap, there's no hard stop, only a really nice flex and rebound.

Sokolva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you so much everyone for the excellent advice! I will go with the expert model in that case, I can't wait to try them out!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I have thought about changing to these. I think I need to try it! Both spouse and daughter have the booster straps. I have had some shin issues. I know spouse too has had issues on his touring boots with shin black and blues. I ought to ask him if he’s fixed things…!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'm interested in the booster strap as getting some side shin bang issues recently that I never experienced before. I'm a little shorter and lighter (5'1 105) and wondering what I should get...... @ski diva what do you have?
I had an Intermediate set added to my boots at the start of my recent stay in Taos -- loved them! Really made me feel like I was getting the most out of my boots. You should definitely give them a try. Depending on what your boots are like, you may or may not be able to install them yourself -- it's really easy if your boots have the power strap installed with just a screw. (My boots had a plastic piece over the power strap meant to hold a heater, so had to have the Boot Drs install --cost me $16).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga